Who is your favourite UK anime distributor?

Favourite UK Distributor

• MVM!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ADV

• Manga Ent.

• Optimum

• Beez

• Columbia Tristar :O (Metropolis?)

• Sony (Steamboy?)

• Total voters
I'm guessing the annoying 'drainpipe' effect associated with the downmixing is that it's a 5.1 surround mix, so you have both fore and rear speaker signals going through each of your left and right speakers. The prob could have been solved by making the fore and rear signals in sync, or they could just give an audio option of 5.1 or 2.0 stereo!

Back on topic, MVM have really impressed me. Sure, the cover art isn't always top-notch but they have released some of my 2005 favourites. Beez come in at a close second though.

Hmm, i don't think its that, i tried it on a lot of dvd players and my computer, still the same problem, having tried it on my pc with 5.1 yet tho, might have to do that.

But it can't be that problem if its onyl selected parts of the sound, like on FMP! the characters voices are perfect, beter than most, crystal clear, but then the background noises are all like they are... it's hard to describe, if anyone has FMP! vol 5/6 somewhere around there, there's a certain place where you can hear it the most. Its when the camera is under the water and the submarine is going past, it shows up on that totally and is aweful!

Beez without a doubt. It's the only distributor I've never made a complaint about.

Plus the dub quality of most of their things is by far the best around. It may not be perfect, but it's easy to listen to and competes well with the original Japanese version. Wolf's Rain could so easily have been ruined by another company.

Another plus to Beez is that on some releases(Witch Hunter Robin is one that I can remember) there is the option of more language tracks other than Japanes and English. Also apparently they release most things without region protection.

I get most of my anime from America. In England however, as far as content goes, I'd say BeeZ because I've got Bebop and Gundam Wing from them - however in terms of price and value, I've been able to pick up a lot of Manga titles on region 2 release for silly ammounts of money (£2-6), and for more of the "classic" stuff they haven't done a bad job.

I feel ADV have still to do anything spectacular (thinpacks thank you very much) over here to rival their standing in America in my eyes.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Another plus to Beez is that on some releases(Witch Hunter Robin is one that I can remember) there is the option of more language tracks other than Japanes and English. Also apparently they release most things without region protection.

You mean to say that Beez titles are Region 0?

GrantM said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:

You mean to say that Beez titles are Region 0?
Apparently so.

And Manga UK's release of the Stand Alone Complex Official Log says Region 1 on the box. As does MVM's Oh My Goddess. ;)

Anyway I was just going by what Amazon.co.uk says. For a few Beez releases it's listed as being Region 0(the Bebop collections and Witch Hunter Robin).

I voted for Beez; they release their anime at a faster pace than all of the other companies (SEED is already on volume 8 after just 6 months!) and I just prefer what they are releasing at the moment- you can't beat Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop lightly and their announcement of Fantastic Children simply cements their place as my favourite UK distributor right now.

MVM deserve a mention though- they release a lot of good anime (Texhnolyze, Paranoia Agent, Gungrave and FMA to name but a few) and they only lose out to Beez because of their unfortunate fire delays.

ADV - only because their stuff is Always in the shops, and its not delayed for ages!

(MVM would win on pure quality, but so far i have seen very little in the shops and it is always being delayed)

Back