Who else hates this Goldman-Sachs trader?

However much you might hate him, he's right. Politicians are powerless, the markets do rule the world and if you're prepared to be ruthless you can make a lot of money during a market crash. That's just the world we live in. I'm kinda ambivalent about it. On one hand, destroying economies to make yourself rich is a little callous. On the other hand, we all have to do whatever we have to to survive and / or prosper. Especially when the only alternative seems to be bending over for your useless government's "austerity" measures.

Joshawott said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC19fEqR5bA&feature=youtu.be

Yeah...BBC had to confirm it wasn't a haux.

*Hoax. (Though I actually like haux better... it's like faux. Should I ever become editor of the OED I'll make sure to change it and credit you =))

I would have to say, i don't hate him, I applaud his honesty. If people are gonna be like that at least be upfront.

One way to fix it Leave the european union, bring back the old currencies to let nations like greece, to devaule their currency. Also to stop all these schemes to shift industry to the countries where there you can get labour so cheap it's slavery.

Mutsumi said:
Joshawott said:
Yeah, the problem is, he is right.
How much you willing to bet on that? More people than him and smarter people than him say otherwise.
The question I've yet to see optimistic economists answer satisfactorily is where is the growth going to come from? The only thing that I can see would pick the economy back up now is a massive war. Not that I'd put it past the powers that be to start one for that exact purpose.

The growth of the past 30 years was all based on debt. But now governments and individuals alike can borrow no more and are having a harder time paying it back due to inflation. I can't see any opportunities for growth at all, unless Britain decides to become isolationist or we all start working for Chinese wages.

Back