Who cried!!! FFX/ spoilers*************

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedragon

Brigade Leader
ok lets be honest here who cried at the end of FFX

i mean after the whole game of wanting and wating for yuna tidus/you finaly discover that in order to give her a free life your own must have to end. i mean cummon its pulling at hy tear ducts arleady and im not really a cryer.

i did put spoilers in th title or do you think i should add a spoiler box aswell just to be sure

p.s Glad i wasnt the only one (kinda hard to admit bieng male,lol)

nope. but mainly because you can kind fo guess whats gonna happen as you get towards the end of the game. maybe if it was more of a surprise like aeris dying in FFVII.

Last edited by a moderator:
3nvy said:
nope. but mainly because you can kind fo guess whats gonna happen as you get towards the end of the game. maybe if it was more of a surprise like aeris dying in FFVII.

Now THAT was a tear jerker... The end of X was emotional too, and the general Viviness in 9... All Final Fantasy's get to me, that's why I love em!

I have to say FFVII and FFX are the only two games where i have been emotionally attached to the games story and characters, surely theres an emotional attachment to all games but with the Final Fantasy games you spend so long together with the characters watching them grow and grow and grow and when it all comes to an end...yeah...your allowed to be a bit upset...even if you are a burly bloke :oops:

Erm, I cried when Auron got sent! and when Tidus sees Braska, Auron and Jecht in the Farplane, also when Yunie makes her speech and it shows you flashbacks of the game. AND when they played Suteki Da Ne...cos I wub that song!!
But FFVII was the worst FF for making me cry. The bit when Sector 7 is destroyed and Barret starts shouting out for Marlene!! Wahhhhh!!

I cried for FF10 too. ;_; It was on my 18th birthday at about 1am or so, & it was so sad. ;_;

I also cried when Cait Sith 'died'.

i never really cried at the end of the game..though it was slightly emotional...haven't completed FFVII yet so i can't really say

i think that a part that just stood out to in FVII you know when you reach coerl mouatin (red XIII home) tifa says to cloud your cahngin and friting away those arnet the exact words but its been a while but that part kinda hit me cuz all the start of the game i was paying ALL my attetion to Aeris and all of a sudden that to me was like wo

No, I did not cry at all. I just somehow cannot really show feelings like that, it is really hard for me to show feelings.
Though I admit, the ending was sad and I can understand if people start to cry over it, but I myself just cannot show my feelings openly enough for something like that to happen.

so honetly then what made you want to finish the cuz normaly in a game like FF you have to put a fair amount of hours into it to get somewhere and its noramly how you feel about the characters and what happens to em the drives you to see the end

Bluedragon said:
so honetly then what made you want to finish the cuz normaly in a game like FF you have to put a fair amount of hours into it to get somewhere and its noramly how you feel about the characters and what happens to em the drives you to see the end

I take it that you are talking to me, not sure as there is nothing stating to who it was. But as it was under my post, I will just answer.

I like the story and was curious what happens. But that does not mean I have to get all serious about feelings. I have a problem with feelings and I know it(yes, been to a psychiatrist because of that, no help).
And there is a lot of other things to do in a game, besides to get some feelings towards the characters. It is true that one tends to get more fond of some characters than others. But I just cannot feel anything if a person dies in a game. It is just, I see she/he dies and think so what? It is just a game. I might get little nerved by the fact, it that character was someone who I like to use while playing. But I am not gonna cry over it.
So in the end, I play games because I like the game story, for me it is jsut a intersting story with characters dying and coming up. Nothing else.

I hope that makes sense to you, it is kinda hard to explain what I am try to, but I tried. Incase you have more questions just ask.

Bluedragon said:

I take it that you are talking to me, not sure as there is nothing stating to who it was. But as it was under my post, I will just answer.

I like the story and was curious what happens. But that does not mean I have to get all serious about feelings. I have a problem with feelings and I know it(yes, been to a psychiatrist because of that, no help).
And there is a lot of other things to do in a game, besides to get some feelings towards the characters. It is true that one tends to get more fond of some characters than others. But I just cannot feel anything if a person dies in a game. It is just, I see she/he dies and think so what? It is just a game. I might get little nerved by the fact, it that character was someone who I like to use while playing. But I am not gonna cry over it.
So in the end, I play games because I like the game story, for me it is jsut a intersting story with characters dying and coming up. Nothing else.

I hope that makes sense to you, it is kinda hard to explain what I am try to, but I tried. Incase you have more questions just ask.

ok i see what your saying and thats fair but a game like FF normaly rely's on how much much you care about the characters im not asying that the whole game dont get me wrong people play games for all diffrent reasons but games like FF or even silent hill there kinda relying on how much you connect with certain characters.

im not saying this to piss you off so please take it as a fair point but if you have problems conneting emtionaly with characters then maybe games like doom/halo or more action oriented games might be more suited for you. like i said above im not trying to annoy you im just being honest (i had a mate just like you he found doom 3 and hes never been happier)

and at whoever said that they cryed at how bad the ending was...we dont need that sort of input in this thread ok so go somewhere else

Bluedragon said:
ok i see what your saying and thats fair but a game like FF normaly rely's on how much much you care about the characters im not asying that the whole game dont get me wrong people play games for all diffrent reasons but games like FF or even silent hill there kinda relying on how much you connect with certain characters.

I do not think that is that correct. People are different and they enjoy things. I do not see anything that you have to care for people you play to enjoy the game. For some it is getting one with the character what they play, but in case of Final Fanties you have more than one playable player. So are you supposed to be one with all them? Which makes no sense as well.
So tell me, what makes you say that a game like Final Fantasy needs to rely for feelings? I enjoyed both Final Fantasies and Silent Hill 2(only played it so far) And I had not trouble enjyoing the game at all. Even though I did not care the person itself. Of course, I did not want them to die in a battle etc., because if that happens I have to start again. And not interested in that.

im not saying this to piss you off so please take it as a fair point but if you have problems conneting emtionaly with characters then maybe games like doom/halo or more action oriented games might be more suited for you. like i said above im not trying to annoy you im just being honest (i had a mate just like you he found doom 3 and hes never been happier)
But even if you are not meaning it, it is insulting. And no, it is not even a fair point. You are like telling me, that I am playing the wrong kind of games? You are indirectly saying I should go and sell the about all of the games I have. As I hate first-person shooters a lot. I know, there was no way for you to know this, but why are you even bringing something like, that has nothing to do with the topic at all? What is the point of you telling me what kind of games I am supposed to play, just because I do not fit your style of playing?
Action games I do enjoy sometimes, like Devil May Cry, Mega Man etc. But that does not mean I want to play them all the time. I prefer RPG way over any other game and stragedy games.
And again, you are pointed out that if I have problems with the kind of style you play Final Fantasy. Why is that so important to you? What makes you repeat it so often? This whole thing we are now talking about is offtopic in the end, nothing to do with this topic. I answered your question before, but no you were not satificed with is. Because it is against your view of playing games. Just admit it that there are different kind of people and let them play those games they want the way they want. Or do they make you enjoy your games less if you know that there is a person like that playing a game differently than you are?

and at whoever said that they cryed at how bad the ending was...we dont need that sort of input in this thread ok so go somewhere else

It was not me who said this, though. But now you are alraedy forbidding people to say why they cried at it. If you do not want to here people opinions on this matter, do not make a topic. And if you want, let the people give their opinions and explain why.

wow considering the fact that you have a problem conecting with your emotions my posts really seem to bother you.lol

listen i really do you think you need to get over yourslef tho honestly i mean i NEVER said FF games realy on feelings 100% but it still is a percent in the game i mean i never really conected with CJ for GTA SA but it didnt stop my form enjoying the game and what i said about trying " action oreinted" games why did that bother you so much its not like im saying hey play fps games now or ill kill ya while ya sleep i was meerly giving an example of a very close frined of mine.

i cant quiet put my finger on it but my posts really seem to bother you why....do you hate me.....do you hate brummies....i mean whats your deal your acting like im invading iraq not simply voicing my opinion whcih you keep trying to stop me doing.

now look i told that person to go away cuz he didnt paost anything good or decent if he would of came here and said "i did not like the ending" now thats fair and an opnion but what he did was trolling and before you start flying off the handle im a member of enough forums to know EXACTLY what that is.

well now we have both had our littl kiddy fight how bout we either get back on topic or ill have this tpoic locked cuz im not really into spending my time replying posts about posts:)

**ive informed the mods to just lock this thread its become pointless and just not what anyone wants so it should be locked as soon as a mod comes online**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back