Which should I buy?

Tank

Completely Average High School Student
So I got a bit of money for christmas, and have looked down my long list of anime that I want and have decided to buy with it one of the 2 following things;

Cowboy Bebop Box Set 1
Escaflowne Box Set 1

I have seen both of these before, but it was a very long time ago. Cowboy Bebop is my favourite anime, but I really want to see Escaflowne again purely for nostalgic reasons, so which do you think I should spend my money on? I think Escaflowne is slightly cheaper but I don't remember off the top of my head... :?

Content-wise both series are awesome. Overall, Cowboy Bebop would be my choice though. The sound/picture quality of the R2 Escaflowne isn't too much cop, but the R1 edition is a lot better from what I've heard.

Thanks for the help everyone. ^_^

Ok I have decided to buy Escaflowne, I plan to buy them both at some point but at the moment Escaflowne is slightly cheaper so that is convenient for me. ^^;;

But, I have checked on Play.com (Cheapest place I could find) and they have been Temporarily out of stock of both Escaflowne Box Sets for a while. Does anyone know what happens when you order something when it is listed as temporarily out of stock? Is Play.com reliable to get it to me asap even if they don't have it in stock when I order it?

(BTW - My first post of 2006, Happy New Year everyone!)

Well, I ordered the Samurai X boxset when it was out of stock 3+ months ago, and it's still out of stock. I would guess that how quickly they get in new stock will depend on how many people place orders for it.

T4rn14 said:
Thanks for the help everyone. ^_^

Ok I have decided to buy Escaflowne, I plan to buy them both at some point but at the moment Escaflowne is slightly cheaper so that is convenient for me. ^^;;

But, I have checked on Play.com (Cheapest place I could find) and they have been Temporarily out of stock of both Escaflowne Box Sets for a while. Does anyone know what happens when you order something when it is listed as temporarily out of stock? Is Play.com reliable to get it to me asap even if they don't have it in stock when I order it?

(BTW - My first post of 2006, Happy New Year everyone!)
The same happened to me when I ordered the first Escaflowne box set - I only needed to wait an extra week or two. Despite the minor complaints I mentioned earlier up the thread it's definitely worth the wait!

Back