Which series is the official tenchi series

carlbrooks

Hikikomori
Hi,

About 5 days ago I thought of watching an old anime which I only seen a couple of episodes of when it came out on cartoon network years ago. The series was called tenchi! ryo-ohki. I have seen all 20 episodes and the film daughter of drkness and I am now on episode 20 on tenchi universe. Now obviously the tenchi universe storyline seems to be like a reboot of the series from the ryo-ohki series. Also when I get onto the tenchi in Tokyo series that will also be a different storyline. So my question is which of the series is the official tenchi series? Which one do you like to call the official tenchi series and do you think a new series will come out soon?

Thanks

I think perhaps that where you are saying 'official', what you really mean is 'original'. In that case, you would be looking for the series 'Tenchi Muyo'. Search for that phrase on enough online retailer websites ([mod edit :p]) and you'll find the series you seek.

Hi yeah, I have seen tenchi ryo-okhi ova 1,2 and 3 and have finished watching the universe series. I have seen the daughter of darkness movie and now (well not now but probably tomorrow) will watch the tenhi in love and tenchi in love 2 movies. I heard that tenchi has a son and ryoko has a daughter, the son could be from washu or ryoko while the daughter has tenchi face complextions meaning he could be the father of the daughter. Could be a chance both kids mother is ryoko. Now whether it means ryoko is chosen one or if he marries all girls and onl use ryoko to be a mother, Im not sure. I hope the creator of tenchi stops doing the spin offs and actually do an ova 4 or even add a fifth ova where it shows who tenchi marries and then shows how he deals with his love life if it is with each woman married. Would make a funny show and would end it nicely for these characters probably. Your thoughts on this?

carlbrooks said:
Hi yeah, I have seen tenchi ryo-okhi ova 1,2 and 3 and have finished watching the universe series. I have seen the daughter of darkness movie and now (well not now but probably tomorrow) will watch the tenhi in love and tenchi in love 2 movies. I heard that tenchi has a son and ryoko has a daughter, the son could be from washu or ryoko while the daughter has tenchi face complextions meaning he could be the father of the daughter. Could be a chance both kids mother is ryoko. Now whether it means ryoko is chosen one or if he marries all girls and onl use ryoko to be a mother, Im not sure. I hope the creator of tenchi stops doing the spin offs and actually do an ova 4 or even add a fifth ova where it shows who tenchi marries and then shows how he deals with his love life if it is with each woman married. Would make a funny show and would end it nicely for these characters probably. Your thoughts on this?

I've only seen Ryo-Okhi so ..hearing this possible news about Ryoko has made my day, she was always the best girl.

after the way they finished the oav series i hope to god not, i'm a big Tenchi fan and even i think Okuda sold out and screwed it up

wouldn't mind a 2nd series of Tenchi GXP though ;) though i said that bout pretty sammy and then they made sasami magic club.........

Ryo Chan said:
after the way they finished the oav series i hope to god not, i'm a big Tenchi fan and even i think Okuda sold out and screwed it up

wouldn't mind a 2nd series of Tenchi GXP though ;) though i said that bout pretty sammy and then they made sasami magic club.........

me too i like tenchi too i like the tenchi muyo series the most, why? because i love the opening to the series
but i like the other series too.

Back