Which is better reccomend me psp v ds

Gacha

Stand User
Ok well pay day comes on friday and i need some entertainment so i figured new handheld! :eek:

So i looked up the ds it has some games i like resident evil,final fantasy etc etc.
But the psp has some pretty nice up coming games.
I could use a seconds(third,fourth etc)opinion,without fanboyism.(only board with few fanboy/girls around)

Also i saw the online features ds has fairly limited wi fi but psp can go online with a browser apparently(naughty stuff :p ).

prints_money.gif

Thread over?

But yeah, better getting a DS, seeing as no games on PSP are really good, and if they are then like... the get ported to PS2 anyway.

You should check out the DS before you buy one.

I owned one before, expecting some great things but to my dismay I just felt the stylus to be irritating and if I wanted to play with a stylus I'd get a PDA. I own a PSP now and prefer that over the DS.

The PSP features more "hardcore" games that are to my liking, like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Killzone, Tekken 5.

I just felt like the DS was designed with kids in mind, just like the Wii.

Though perhaps you may like it, who knows.

Zen 2nd said:
You should check out the DS before you buy one.

I owned one before, expecting some great things but to my dismay I just felt the stylus to be irritating and if I wanted to play with a stylus I'd get a PDA. I own a PSP now and prefer that over the DS.

The PSP features more "hardcore" games that are to my liking, like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Killzone, Tekken 5.

I just felt like the DS was designed with kids in mind, just like the Wii.

Though perhaps you may like it, who knows.

The stylus isn't a necessary component for the majority of games available.

I've palyed both.

The Psp is a nice lil machine with almost everything you need for portable play. The Screen is nice & Big and the graphics are similar of the PS1. The issues with the PSP is that the battery life is very short so it tends to be that you are required to carry at least 1 set of spare batteries if you are traveling on long trips. Also its not very resistant to drops & can break fairly easily [cousin broke 3 within 3 months]. The only other issue with it is that it uses UMD Disks. This tends to be a problem when you have a sh*tload of DVDs that you don't really want to rip onto your computer to transfer onto sd cards to then play on your PSP.

The DS, is again has all you need really for online gaming. Plus it has the added feature of the touch screen that is not available on any other handhelds. The DS is also wireless ready for multi player gaming. The games available range from classic games being revised for the handheld to new games that take advantage of the DS's touch screen. The only issues that i could see is that the stylus can be slghtly aquired at times for games that demand more use of it, and unlike the psp it does not provide entertainment options of moves. Also the games are more kids orrientated than the PSP is.

If i were to choose i would be buying a DS as many of the major games out for the psp have been stripped down PS2 games that i have played before [GTA, MGS, Pro Evo]. Also If your playing a handheld you don't want to be having to overthing as much on the difficulty of the game and it should be just fun

thekendyman said:
The DS, is again has all you need really for online gaming. The DS is also wireless ready for multi player gaming.

The PSP is wireless straight out of the box too you know?

Hyaku said:
The stylus isn't a necessary component for the majority of games available.

Well the games I played for it seemed to rely quite heavily on the stylus. Plus why buy a DS when Nintendo spout the main selling point of the console is the stylus stick but then not use it?

Let's just not turn this into another ****** PSP vs DS thread.

Though PSP is better for accessing the internet [although it takes a while to load.] and the DS's Opera internet explorer is limited to like... 10MB or so, IIRC.

So really, there's good and bad points, but in all honestly I'm still slightly leaning towards the DS in recommendation.

Zen 2nd said:
Well the games I played for it seemed to rely quite heavily on the stylus. Plus why buy a DS when Nintendo spout the main selling point of the console is the stylus stick but then not use it?
It's not the main selling point, it's just there if you need it.

To be honest, the PSP is annoying, it takes ages to load and the controls are kinda tripe. DS usually loads near instantly (in before "OMG this game takes x seconds to load on the DS). Better Games on the DS as PSP seems to be mostly ports. Go with DS.

I got a nintendo ds and it is great. It has loads of great games and some good games coming out for it like full metal alchemist. The wi fi is great I have played loads of people on metroid prime hunters and it is great for multiplayer games because you don`t need link cables because it is wireless.

I bought a PSP 18 months ago, with two games, played them both, sold one of them on ebay, and to this day I am still waiting for another game worth my money.

I bought a DS a year ago, and I now have seven games for it. I play it regularly.

It's just my opinion, but Sony doesn't seem to care about game support for PSP. Nintendo have much better games, and a wider variety.

Okay rather than comparing the consoles, compare the games because that is what you'll be doing most with it right? @ OP

Link100p said:

Sorry, but when someones mentions DS, one thinks "touchscreen" that clearly indicates that it is the main selling point of the console.

What else could be the main selling point of the console? For instance, with the Xbox, Xbox Live would be the main selling point. Games don't come into the equation at all, so I'm struggling to see what else could be the main selling point of a DS?

DaNiMe said:
Light said:
Though one thing can you play old gba games on it?

Yes.

Cool my old gba broke down ages ago and i didnt want to buy another :D

One last thing it connects to the internet straight out the box or do i have to pay £30 extra for some sort of usb thingy?

Light said:
One last thing it connects to the internet straight out the box or do i have to pay £30 extra for some sort of usb thingy?

If you have a wi-fi router, it can connect straight away, or you can buy a little wi-fi thing that plugs into any computer, through a USB port.

I have the PSP and I recommend the DS

No I am serious, although I love my psp and I can watch my anime and movies on it, I would still rather have the DS as it has far better games

Zen 2nd said:
Okay rather than comparing the consoles, compare the games because that is what you'll be doing most with it right? @ OP

Link100p said:

Sorry, but when someones mentions DS, one thinks "touchscreen" that clearly indicates that it is the main selling point of the console.

What else could be the main selling point of the console? For instance, with the Xbox, Xbox Live would be the main selling point. Games don't come into the equation at all, so I'm struggling to see what else could be the main selling point of a DS?
Actually, people tend to think dual screens, which isn't the main selling point either. The main selling point is the games are actually good, where as PSP just seems to be console ports and spin offs. Sony don't even seem to care.

Back