Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy IX

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Me and friends have had regular debates about this in the past, so I'm bringing the dilemma online ^_^

Mine would definitly have to be FF8

I personally think its fun going through and searching older threads. I often find subjects and / or topics that I wouldn't have thought about before.

But getting back on-topic, Final Fantasy VII is my favourite (though its a tight preference).

random_pie said:
VII or IX, both brilliant IMO. The systems used on both were a lot better than the others... especially VIII.

Yeah the system was a lot easier and simpler on IX but I loved the whole idea of the Gunblade in VIII :)

Lone soldier, FFVIII was great. I never got around to playing FFVII. However FFXII looks awsome and only 21 days left from this post, can't wait.

Roadie said:
Lone soldier, FFVIII was great. I never got around to playing FFVII. However FFXII looks awsome and only 21 days left from this post, can't wait.

FF7 was the first Final fantasy I ever played, and it got me addicted [=

Hyaku said:
FF7 was the first Final fantasy I ever played, and it got me addicted [=

Same for me, I must have completed that game 5+ times (With 60+ hours each that is A LOT of gaming!) Not to mention the others in the series :D

Hyaku said:
FF7 was the first Final fantasy I ever played, and it got me addicted.

Ditto. Final Fantasy VII wasn't just the first Final Fantasy game I played, it was also the first time I properly decided to try out the Japanese Role Playing Game genre. Since then the genre has gone from a complete mystery to me to one of my favourites in the industry. It also works very well as an interactive extension to the whole animè & manga scene. :)

The first Japanese RPG I played outside of the Final Fantasy franchise I remember was Grandia II on the Sega Dreamcast. I remember it well. I tell a lie actually! It was in fact Phantasy Star Online! The memories are flooding back to me...

Now everyone started to make some FF topics, but too late. I was the first one to make a topic on here...

Anyway, FF7 PWNS.... Because of Cloud, Vincent and Reno.

Psttt... Reno and axel are related

So because of 3 boring characters the game is instantly great? Cloud is a hollow shell, Vincent is just plain and generic and Reno is a loser. Things that stand out in VII: Aerith's death and the amount of twists in disc 2 of the game, especially the Wutai visit with Yuffie. <3

FF IX is the love. Props. VII and VIII were okay in game, but just didn't have the real traditional feel. VIII has my favourite soundtrack though.

Back