Which animes really stands out to you

Actually I think the film quality is more Kon's influence. He's not a big fan of the anime genre, and so he probably deliberately tried to invoke a more filmic look, at least for his first foray.

There is actually a japanese live action film now with the original title... I forget what it was though, it was something with dreams in the title. Apparently it was rubbish and not very like the anime. I think it might have been closer to the book and the anime departed from it (like Paprika) but I can't remember for sure...

Ah yes, Wikipedia tells all: "Perfect Blue: Yume Nara Samete" it was much closer to the novel, but a review I read when I was researching it before made it sound like a poor cousin to Kon's work.

edit: link to the review I remember reading: http://www.midnighteye.com/reviews/perfbyns.shtml

Seems that Kon's liberties improved the film vastly as a cinematic venture. Perfect Blue hasn't been translated, so I can't comment on that, but I have read Paprika and I definitely prefer Kon's work to the book (not that the book is bad of course).

speaking of perfect blue

i dont mind what style the animators use and il watch about any anime but you dont see many animes like perfect blue the style the mature nature the fact its a physiological film * after all these years it still gives me chills * they need to make more animes like perfect blue

Back