which anime do you think would look awesome on 3D

Animefreak17

Godhand
I recently got a 3D tv and it is amazing I mean truly amazing and today I was thinking, ok what if I watched my anime on this, it's not exactly Mine my mom's, but if you was to choose 5 anime to watch in 3D which ones would it be and why would you choose them

Here's my top 5

Gurren lagann, the animation and fights are really good in this but if I saw this in 3D I'd be blown away,

HOTD, ANIMATION and the matrix style and the zombies would look like there coming after you erough said

Karas do I really need to say anything

Natural shipping ( but only the fights ) if youv seen the fights them you know what I'm talking about,

Blassreiter, it kinda looks 3D but if I watched this in 3D it will look even better

Personally, I'm not sure if a 2D animation style would even be worth putting into 3D. Puella Magi Madoka Magica could use it though for the witches labyrinths, with familiars popping out and stuff to make things look even more unnerving.

I'm not into the 3D gimmick, but if I was I'd be petitioning for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children to be remastered in 3D. The bike fight scene along the highway by itself would warrant this move.

Another one I think could be quite glorious would be Appleseed, if only for that opening scene in the city ruins set to Paul Oakenfold.

Lawrence said:
I don't think it's a feasible prospect, is it? Since a 3D animation would surely require double the cells?
Either way, 3D visuals are more often than not tacked on at the end and those sweeping camera pans that appear in media now, for the simple sake of utilising the 3D effect to its fullest, stick out like a sore thumb. You might as well just have someone stand at the bottom of the screen and shout "Here comes the depth", for all it's worth. It really kills any immersion.

So no, animation should probably stick to two dimensions.
I imagine figuring out the angles for a proper 3D effect and keeping it consistent when drawing by hand would be a nightmare, especially when this would need to flow down the inbetween stage too. Since animation is done in layers anyway (at least two for background and foreground) you could feasibly apply 3D separation but it would look naff and gimmicky.

I can only speak for the ones I own, but Evangelion, Gunbuster, Ghost In The Shell, Karas, Summer Wars, Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, Appleseed, Vexille, Freedom.. they'd be good.. and not forgetting AKIRA!

I don't personally think anything 2d is gonna look good in 3d. Seeing anime in 3D doesn't interest me at all, if most live action films are not that great what chance does something in 2D have.

If you can't tell I'm not a massive 3D fan, I occasionally watch a film in 3D but after about 10-20mins I've kinda forgotten about it being in 3D anyway.

3D has kinda taken a back seat in advertising of TV sets, BBC has ditched making programs. I can't see it lasting for much longer before it is quickly dropped and the world returns to 2D

I'm not a fan of 3D at all. I wear glasses anyway, so having a second pair over the top is a pain in the ass to start with, then there's the occasional headaches and just plain lack of actual 3D in films to even make it worthwhile.

Back