Where do all the members go ?

I've got to admit, I haven't felt the impulse of even bothering to come on here, lately. The threads in the news section are as lively as ever but everywhere else is off its knocker. I've been sticking with MAL for quite a lot, Also, I've begun verging into the world of gaming. I doubt I'll take anything epic up.

I'll still be around AUKN till the death, hopefully. I missed out of the quality times of the AUKN Manga and the original Character Battles but I hope at some point in time, It'll peak again.

Kurogane said:
We need some passive flaming, it spices everything up.

Skikes Dubois, Where are you? ;p lulz

I was a newfag when AUKN manga went down. The times of old and the members who all pre-dated me. They all left, lol. Well, mostly. I'm like a remnent of old-age AUKN.

Jayme said:
I've got to admit, I haven't felt the impulse of even bothering to come on here, lately. The threads in the news section are as lively as ever but everywhere else is off its knocker. I've been sticking with MAL for quite a lot, Also, I've begun verging into the world of gaming. I doubt I'll take anything epic up.

I'll still be around AUKN till the death, hopefully. I missed out of the quality times of the AUKN Manga and the original Character Battles but I hope at some point in time, It'll peak again.

Kurogane said:
We need some passive flaming, it spices everything up.

Skikes Dubois, Where are you? ;p lulz

You got to know the my anime list community and post on that forum?

Everything is relative. In two years time, some of the newer members today (or those who have yet to register) will be thinking back to these days as their 'golden age' too. Basically, I don't think there's anything wrong with the current state of the community, it's just that many of you guys are seeing things differently now.

A lot of it has to do with age. People tend to get into anime in their teens (I bet most of our users are in between 16-21), but once they leave university and start full-time jobs, get married and build a family, the hobby inevitably fades and they don't have a reason to hit up AUKN anymore. I guess the Character Battles, amongst other things, act a fine time capsule for that generation of AUKN forum users; many of the people involved in the 2005 version have moved on. That's just life, really, but it's fun looking through the old battles every now and then anyway, just to sample that nostalgic vibe.

We've seen some great users come and go, but I'm sure many of you can be (and are) just as good and memorable.

Paul said:
Everything is relative. In two years time, some of the newer members today (or those who have yet to register) will be thinking back to these days as their 'golden age' too. Basically, I don't think there's anything wrong with the current state of the community, it's just that many of you guys are seeing things differently now.

A lot of it has to do with age. People tend to get into anime in their teens (I bet most of our users are in between 16-21), but once they leave university and start full-time jobs, get married and build a family, the hobby inevitably fades and they don't have a reason to hit up AUKN anymore. I guess the Character Battles, amongst other things, act a fine time capsule for that generation of AUKN forum users; many of the people involved in the 2005 version have moved on. That's just life, really, but it's fun looking through the old battles every now and then anyway, just to sample that nostalgic vibe.
I tend to get bored of forums easily. There is only one forum that I've been active on for a considerable amount of time (more than 2.5 years). I've found that anime forums especially, get boring easily because they're all the same (plagued by otakus and fanboys). However, AUKN seems a little different to me. The number of posts I've accumulated says it all really. I'll probably be around for a while yet.
Paul said:
We've seen some great users come and go, but I'm sure many of you can be (and are) just as good and memorable.
Not me. I'm just here for the chicks. :p

Paul said:

I agree, i think its good to look back at what the place was like every now and then, even still it still good now. I don't expect myself to be away for a while, and i'm one of the older memebrs here like Lupus. The Character battles will be nice to see up again, i think its a good way to get some of the older members, or maybe some of the ones that don't post so often to post. I think at the moment, i just need to push the topic on Ryo to see what he's doing :p

I do actually miss the likes of Miaka-chan and Mangaminx around the forums though =/

Arbalest said:
The Character battles will be nice to see up again, i think its a good way to get some of the older members, or maybe some of the ones that don't post so often to post. I think at the moment, i just need to push the topic on Ryo to see what he's doing :p

i'm working on it, just getting very distracted with GTA 4 atm

watch this space ;)

what is the character battles anyway? I'm a '06 user, don't know about ancient stuff like '05 character battles.... =)

chaos said:
what is the character battles anyway? I'm a '06 user, don't know about ancient stuff like '05 character battles.... =)
Generally, it's just a voting tournament, where numerous anime characters are put up against each other and we vote who should win the "fight." People either vote based on fandom or what they think is the outcome would be like in their perspective. (I.e. A has longer arms than B, so I'll vote for A based on that.)

It's just for fun and such, but last time, we all made our avatars and banners to support our main characters. That was kool.

Back