Where Alterations made to PAL Release of Makai Kingdom?

Neferpitou

Stand User
I bet a lot of people will not have clue what I am talking about but here goes:

Looking at the faqs and forum for this game, I notice the Stat bonus are higher than I am actual getting in the game. For example:

A Carrot King gets an EXP+80% & MANA+80% bonus when mention in the faqs and forums. But on my version its only EXP+30% & MANA+30% bonuses.

As I have the Pal version, I assume alteration where made to make the game harder for European release?

I have this also, but i never found there to be any changes to the game itself compared to character stats guides i had used. Granted it was a few years back since i played it but still, i had never heard of the PAL version getting any alterations of that kind, only the usual "No japanese option" and all that jazz. I'll do a quick check again though for ya quickly and see what i can find, but i don't believe it was.

EDIT: Right, check is done. From what i can see, there was no altercations, or if there was, they did a great job at keeping them under the radar. They where never brought up at all, so my only guess is people did a guide to the japanese one, and left the NTSC/PAL versions untouched. Since in that sense, changes would most definitely be ignored more.

Only noticeable changes i caught onto was monster class name changes, everything else, from how to get them and such, was exactly the same

I actually missed that topic when i skimmed through them, i should have taken a better look.

Chances are, they will be talking more on the US release, but japanese based strats and guides do seem to be spotted everywhere on that site too. Regardless, I'll be interested to hear if they did make any altercations, since if anyone would know 6 years on, they would. Everyone else just seems to have taken the silent treatment on it.

Very odd, as far as I've ever noticed Nippon Ichi games receive no alteration aside from the obvious tranlations, Koei certainly wouldn't have done anything like that to it.

Can't say I know anything about any changes, but it would not be the first time a game has been made harder/easier when it has been released in a different part of the world (sometimes it happens when a game gets converted to a different format like when RE4 moved from the Gamecube to PS2).

Thats true, but thats normally the developer handling the conversion and being involved in its release elsewhere, there shouldn't be any difference between the US-NTSC and PAL versions of a Nippon Ichi game as NIS America handle the conversion from the Japanese version to the Western version, Koei (or whoever) simply publish the games over here, they have no direct access to the game to make any significant changes.

Back