Whats the best place in Bradford to rent/buy some chea anime

Ammish

Stand User
Hey, I'm looking for advice. I have to admit, I shamefully don't watch a lot of anime, even more shame, I don't own even any except for Pokemon and Advent children, so I want to be with the ranks of you lot by renting a lot of anime to be sure if i like it and buy it.

But the problem, I dont know where to start because Blockbuster don't even have a wide range, just some old ones and the ultra popular anime, Ghost in the shell and advent children. And I heard shop assistant saying that blockbuster in leeds and manchester will have the wider range I need. But I want advice to where is the best place to rent some in bradford or at least buy some cheap ones, Please help me

And Bradford sucks in the anime department, More bollywood than hollywood [not being racist,I'm half pakistani myself]

Oh, wow. you're helpful then. [sarcasm]

I'm asking for help, and you're not helping me. I'm asking in the kindest way, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keyblade_master uk said:
Oh, wow. you're helpful then. [sarcasm]

I'm asking for help, and you're not helping me. I'm asking in the kindest way, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the site was called animebradfordnews.net, perhaps you would have got an answer. As it is, what were you expecting? How are the rest of us, located in various corners of the UK supposed to know the answer to your question? The silence you've met with evidentally means that no one here lives in or near Bradford, so why are you expecting answers to questions you can clearly answer better yourself?

Of course, I can offer the advice that you just buy your stuff online like anyone with any sanity and love for their bank balance would, but that's not the answer to the unanswerable question you are asking...

like kupo said you best bet would be ordering online.

quite a few of the dvd's i've seen in shops are grossly overpriced.....but that could be because i'm in london lol

Sorry mate, I don't know Bradford at all, hence no reply before.

Most people who can't find a good shop order online, but then some people don't have the facility to do that. Most DVD shops will order in titles for you if you're after something specific, but that'll be at the regular retail price. That's all I can suggest really!

Ok, I'm really sorry for asking this way. Just really asking, as I'm really desperate to buy anime, but worried if its a waste of money. Thats why I like to rent before I buy, I know that this site offer news and reviews, but its not enough. Well fork out the £20 for anime

your best bet would be to read the reviews on the anime your interested in on this site then compare it with other reviews on other sites to help you decide wether you want to buy it or not.

...have no idea if that made sense :lol:

Okay, thanks. But I have to go with walker's advice because my parents don't buy off the internet. I have got HMV in bradford, but I want to rent. Virgin mega store better because now they got a huge section thats span out 2 stands long and is 6 storeys high, hmv hasn't, but do better deals. So, i have to shop at 2.

And really, its not fair. you lot can watch all the anime in the world, i have to save up mine, avoid my dad buy pirate dvds [originals are better and at least you're buying them from a shop than some dodgy guy who sells at a carboot] and I'll be at your level with lots of anime I own and got.

And I think the population of this site is about 30% of those who are really annoyed of me. Well, this percentage will keep rising til i change my attitude

keyblade_master uk said:
And really, its not fair. you lot can watch all the anime in the world, i have to save up mine...
Ummm... how do you think the rest of us get our anime?

Maybe some people do, but I don't download any anime at all. I used to save up my pocket money to buy my anime, the process is long and slow but there's no other way. Only recently have I got a job, but that still doesn'y mean I can have as much as I want.

It's expensive being an anime fan, alwas has been, and probably always will be.

The only other thing I can recommend is to try checking out your local charity shops. No guarantees, but you might find some old anime videos, you never know! Good luck! :) (went out today for example and saw Appleseed, a Bubblegum Crash and a Giant Robo in British Heart Foundation!)

Do online renting where they send the DVDs through the post. Amazon and blockbuster do it. Amazon had a much better variety of anime when I last looked but that was a while ago. Either way, they both have a much wider range than any video store I've been to, even in the US. I haven't used either so I can't recommend any myself. There is a thread about them somewhere.

Ushio said:
The only other thing I can recommend is to try checking out your local charity shops. No guarantees, but you might find some old anime videos, you never know! Good luck! :) (went out today for example and saw Appleseed, a Bubblegum Crash and a Giant Robo in British Heart Foundation!)
I found some anime being sold off in my local library - might be worth a look!!

Although I personally have never rented off the internet, that is probably where you'll have the best luck with renting anime. I've never had much luck myself in rental stores although its been a little while since i've been in one so it may have changed... after a quick browse of Amazon, I found a few anime series available for rental (Evangelion, Azumanga Daioh & Full Metal Panic)...

I would strongly advise buying anime online, as it is usually a good £5 or more cheaper than in the shops, although check the bargain bins and sales in HMV & Virgin as you can sometimes find anime at a great £5 each (although you'll need to hunt for them)...

if you have hmv and cant find the desired anime to buy, just inform them then they will order it for you then will phone you up to collect it at no addition cost.
thats what i did with my Love Hina vol5 dvd, no additional cost, sure it may take a bit longer. just give them a list of anime then in a week or 3 days you should get them. (you will have to collect it yourself though )

hope you found this helpfull, and like most of the other users here, i too am saving up my pocket money to buy anime, and still do.

hope this helped.

Back