What order to play DS Castlevania for a Beginner?

Neferpitou

Stand User
I have now have all three DS Castlevania games:Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin & Order of Ecclesia.

I think I am right in saying that they are not related story wise. But is their a best order to play them for level of difficulty? I know it would probably be best to play Order of Ecclesia last as it meant to be the hardest of the three. But for someone new to Castlevania would it be better to start with Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin?

The only one I've played is Portrait of Ruin.

I didn't get any sense that it was part of any story but as a newcomer to the Castlevania franchise I found it brilliantly entertaining - even the grinding for extra levels.

They all, technically, fall into the same storyline, or at least the same universe. Dawn of Sorrow is a sequel to a GBA game with the same character(s). But in terms of which order you play them in is up to you. Despite the fact they all play similarly, they all still have their own things you need to get accustomed too as well, but the difficulty for them all isn't too bad. I'd maybe start with Dawn of Sorrow personally, so i'd suggest that.

I will probably go with Dawn of Sorrow first. As controlling two characters in Portrait of Ruin seem a bit complex for first time Castlevania player.

Back