What music do you listen to whilst gaming?

Tachi

Mushi-shi
What music do you listen to whilst gaming?

In some games, adding your own music to the fight/scene/whatever makes the game more appealing to you.

List whatever songs you've used in games :)

Some of the songs i use:

P.O.D - Alive
Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King
Linkin Park - Points of Authority (and many other of their songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora)
Spineshank
Silent Civilian
Pendulum (Slam, Tarantula, Granite, Blood Sugar, Self vs Self, Watercolour)

I used to listen to Napalm Death's first album while playing Fallout 3, that was a tad weird, The Jester Race by In Flames for Fable 2 along with bits and bobs by Genesis, for Final Fantasy VIII it was mainly Iron Maiden and back when I used to play World of Warcraft it was an assortment of Van Halen, Rush, Helloween, basically all the 70's-90's Rock and Metal

Usually nothing, I prefer to listen to the game itself. if I'm just generically smashing or whatever though I tend to put on upbeat actiony/ dramatic stuff. Lux Aeterna features frequently as does the Inception soundtrack =P

Only game I've played with outside music over the top is really Bankshot Billiards 2, otherwise I don't really feel like I'm getting the full experience of the game, whether good or bad. Any sort of assorted whatever was my usual choice.

Playing other music to the actual game music takes too much away i find. The only time i ever use alternate music is with World of Warcraft, fighting games, or FPS, since there is no music with FPS and fighting games haven't always had the best soundtracks, though there is exceptions.

Arbalest said:
Playing other music to the actual game music takes too much away i find. The only time i ever use alternate music is with World of Warcraft, fighting games, or FPS, since there is no music with FPS and fighting games haven't always had the best soundtracks, though there is exceptions.

Yeah monster hunter has a great soundtrack for monsters but once you've heard em god knows how many times, adding your own music becomes refreshing.

and completely agree with you on FPS. games like COD and HALO need you to add your own music to an extent otherwise your running around shooting each other and the only background music is explosions and bullets.

I didn't mean to listen to music over every game, ofcorse its circumstantial but i was just being general :p some people may like the OST's but then after a while or a replay they play their own music.

Some games like red dead redemption allow you to play your own music in game. nice feature but unless your listening to music like "hotel california" and "house of the rising sun" or even the good, the bad and the ugly theme.... all other types of music will just ruin the experience.

ilmaestro said:
Only game I've played with outside music over the top is really Bankshot Billiards 2, otherwise I don't really feel like I'm getting the full experience of the game, whether good or bad.

I agree with you completely. The music in a game adds to the experience as much as anything else does. The only time I might play with different music is if I were grinding something or otherwise did not care for the full experience. Never has my grinding on WoW been more productive than when I did it to this on repeat for three hours.

Tachi- said:
Some games like red dead redemption allow you to play your own music in game. nice feature but unless your listening to music like "hotel california" and "house of the rising sun" or even the good, the bad and the ugly theme.... all other types of music will just ruin the experience.
Daft Punk work just fine.

Jaymii said:
Tachi- said:
Daft Punk work just fine.

lol i might try that, the sound of "all around the world" or "technologic" blasting away as i ride round on a horse... weird but possibly funny.

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gyzuy5cFWg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gyzuy5cFWg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

There was a time I used to always play this when riding around the Armadillo area of Red Dead Redemption.

When I listen to music whilst gaming, it's nearly always dubstep these days. Call of Duty: Black Ops is the only exception as I find myself blasting AC/DC tracks like Back In Black whilst gunning everyone down online.

Nemphtis said:
When I listen to music whilst gaming, it's nearly always dubstep these days. Call of Duty: Black Ops is the only exception as I find myself blasting AC/DC tracks like Back In Black whilst gunning everyone down online.

I find that DnB and FPS are a great combo personally.

Listening to Rolling stones - Paint it black whilst playing any vietnam game is a good shout, try it an see if it gets your adrenaline racing too :)

Mcheal Schenker as his music makes games better.

I can listen to lights out or Armed and Ready whilst playing Oblivion.

Back