what movies are you most lookin forward too

Star Trek XI, i love star trek, and i really hope the new film is good, sylar as spock should be good and simon pegg as scotty! all the trailers so far looked amazing!

What the hell!? Why was this unstickied... its the only topic ive ever had stickied... ever :cry:

------

I'm actually really looking forward to the astro boy cgi movie (ducks)

Also i cant wait for star trek to come out on blu ray.

kupocake said:
You people are the reason why Up is still not in cinemas.
I don't get this... What's wrong with Astroboy?

OT - I'm also looking forward to 9, which was supposedly opening on 09.09.09, but got postponed to 18.10.09 in the UK....

I'm also looking forward to Astro Boy.

And Akira if it ever happens. :oops:

At the moment the only film I'm really looking forward is the next Sofia Coppola movie, the name of which escapes me right now.

*sighs* Lost in Translation......

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNn-2CTXzAw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNn-2CTXzAw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Jayme said:
kupocake said:
There is absolutely no logical reasoning behind releasing Pixar movies like this. Lasseter is more of an idiot than he is a genius.
What does Up and its release have to do with Lasseter?
chaos said:
kupocake said:
People were talking about Astroboy?

Lasseter is the chief creative officer guy at Pixar, so somewhere down the line he decided to give his movies a staggered release, thinking he'll be maximizing potential gross and saving on money for film reels.

Worldwide events work better.

kupocake said:
chaos said:
kupocake said:
People were talking about Astroboy?
You posted your comment on UP right after skikes mentioned astroboy, so I though you were talking about it as you didn't quote anyone.
Anyway, considering how people are, it's more like a problem to release UP like that than a worldwide release.
People will just download.

Kaede said:
At the moment the only film I'm really looking forward is the next Sofia Coppola movie, the name of which escapes me right now.

I LOVE sofia coppola... ive seen marie antoinette like.... ALOT!

didnt know she had another movie coming out. im googling as we speak!

Zin5ki said:
chaos said:
People will just download.
Of course, a behemoth such as Pixar can probably take such piracy on the chin. In all corners of the globe, they have paying fans in spades.
Oh, I'm not saying they won't make profit out of it, I'm just saying that the money they supposedly save by releasing in stages must be less than the menoy they would make if they didn't.

chaos said:
You posted your comment on UP right after skikes mentioned astroboy, so I though you were talking about it as you didn't quote anyone.
Skikes formatted his post like a signature. I read only above the line.

I gave no explanation for blaming you all for Up's late release because when it comes to you lot, there is no need for explanation. You're just dripping with evil.
Jayme said:
chief creative officer guy
Jayme said:
staggered release
:/ The distributor and local offices of the distributor determine the release pattern of a movie. I very much doubt the 'chief creative guy' even knows that we haven't got the movie yet.

And obviously it's a stupid move, otherwise I wouldn't be blaming it on everyone here. As for people downloading it, I dare say that's a real problem, but I imagine that Pixar commands a certain amount of loyalty that most studios would envy. I for one wouldn't be content with ruining my first viewing on even the most pristine pirate copy.

At the moment i'm sorta tempted to see the new Tekken movie that's supposed to be out next month in america. I won't be expecting much like since there's very, very little footage available for the movie (there is no trailers at all)

BlackWolf said:
At the moment i'm sorta tempted to see the new Tekken movie that's supposed to be out next month in america. I won't be expecting much like since there's very, very little footage available for the movie (there is no trailers at all)

I'm breaking my heart over this movie :(

I'm a huge tekken fan.... it's such a shame because (some of) the cast at first glance look perfect for their roles... then you see what costume they've put them in and we have another DOA on are hands :(

Back