What Manga should i ask for my Birthday?

Stuart1512

Completely Average High School Student
Hello everyone(first thread whoop whoop) my birthday is on the 15th and i was wondering what Manga i should put on my list? looking for some good short series 1-3 would do. And i'm totally getting the Naruto Shadow Box with my money :D

oh and heres my collection already:
Death Note: 1-6(Needs volume 4)
Shaman King: 1-6
Bleach Vol 1
Naruto Vol 1

Cowboy Bebop 1 - 3
One Piece 1 - ? Not short at all, But yeah.
Zombie Powder 1 - 4, Unfinished. . .
Azumanga Daioh 1 - 4

All I can be bothered to put down, Others shall provide moar.

I heard the Cowboy Bebop Manga series was supposed to be read after watching the Anime. Is this true? or can you read the manga sepratley?

That's scary my birthday is on the same day... :eek:

Monster is well worth a look, and you may want to consider looking at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist manga (Don't worry its far supeior to the anime).

Antique Bakery is a great little series, and Case Closed may be very long, but it's mostly episodic so you can stop at any point for a while and then start again. Case Closed is really great, actually!

Stuart1512 said:
I heard the Cowboy Bebop Manga series was supposed to be read after watching the Anime. Is this true? or can you read the manga sepratley?

No, it's as episodic as the series. If you don't know, the series is about bounty hunters, and most episodes involve them trying to catch a different bounty. The manga is more of the same, so you'd be able to read it without knowing anything about the anime.

If the 6th volume of Shaman King ends where I think it does (I can't remember if I have it up to 5 or 6 you see) then you might want to carry it on since it's around that volume where it starts to get better. It's quite a long series mind you...Bleach shouldn't be judged on the first few volumes (since they're ****) as it gets awesome around the Soul Society Ark so you might wanna consider continuing with Bleach.

MONONOKE said:
Outlawstar said:
Id reccomend xxxHolic, really great.
That is a great series too as well I just started reading it and the storyline is brilliant

Yeah its really easy to get into and hard to get bored of as the series can go anywhere and try anything without it feeling to silly or unbelievable

My cousin bought me some Manga for my birthday on Saturday and heres what she got me:

.Hack//Legend Of The Twilight Vol 1
.Hack//Legend Of The Twilight Vol 2
Naruto Vol 5(This Manga is like Crack!)

Stuart1512 said:
My cousin bought me some Manga for my birthday on Saturday and heres what she got me:

.Hack//Legend Of The Twilight Vol 1
.Hack//Legend Of The Twilight Vol 2
Naruto Vol 5(This Manga is like Crack!)

The .hack manga is fantastic :D I read it recently, its good that you don't really need a knowlege of the series that came before to read it, though if you do know there is easter eggs of sorts in there :wink:

McIcy said:
MONONOKE said:
Outlawstar said:
Id reccomend xxxHolic, really great.
That is a great series too as well I just started reading it and the storyline is brilliant

Yeah its really easy to get into and hard to get bored of as the series can go anywhere and try anything without it feeling to silly or unbelievable

Yeah thats the best way to sum up xxxHolic, really is one of the best manga out there.

Back