What is the most satisfying product you bought so far

link2link8

Kiznaiver
Well before the "I'm satisfied with everything I got so far" was wondering what people were thinking in situations where they buy something that felt was worth the money.

for me I recently got Shakugan no Shana box set from MVM for around £15 on offer, really glad I got the series now.

Got Wolf's Rain for under £15 from Anime Legend's, for a 30 episode series of such a high standard (dreadful recap arc aside) that seemed like pretty satisfying value for money.

Millenium Actress for £3 quid was quite a steal too; it was the last Satoshi Kon film I had left to buy and at that price I had no excuse - got it literally a month before I heard about his death aswell :(

In terms of bargains I'd say getting all the R1 Witchblade singles with slipcovers and the artbox (mmm shiny) for about £15 from SecondSpin. I was even more pleased when the show turned out to be much better than I was expecting.

In terms of rare items, finding a new copy of the rare-as-rocking-horse-**** Maison Ikkoku volume 8 manga on ebay for a fiver. I'd searched everywhere for that sonovabitch, and that must have been the only decently priced new copy on the planet when I found it.

In terms of snazzy releases, nothing can top the Patlabor movie box sets. God damn those things are sexy.

A few weeks ago I bought the complete School Rumble from UP1. Both seasons and the OVA, cost me £31 which I was quite impressed with especially since it was on immediate delivery so I got it the next day. I get really impatient when I have things on order >.<;

So for me, paying £31 for some 50-odd episodes of a hilarious series and having it arrive the next day is my most satisfying so far I think.

No bargin here but I was relieved when I managed to get the R1 Trinity Blood volume 1 with the weighty art box when it seemed I would never be able to find it for a decent price.

VivisQueen said:
Ouran £12. Manga UK simple case with discs in it. English and Japanese dub. That's all I've ever wanted from anime products.

Yes, but it had no signs only track. That equals no buy for me...

Anyways, nothing I am particularly satisfied with I don't think...*thinks hard*...nope...I got notin'. Although, I did get each School Rumble season R1 for about $15-20, that was quite good.

Depends what you mean by "satisfying" ;D

/lowers tone

Getting something cheap is nowhere near as satisfying to me as owning large quantities of something I really enjoy. So in my case, owning everything Patlabor brings me quite a bit of satisfaction (even if the TV series does have some of the most hideous cover art ever). Owning everything Dirty Pair will have a similar effect, once the final boxed set is out.

Oh man, great question... I like fablun's way of breaking it down, too.

Some recent answers for me would be:

Complete set of the Japanese Kanzenban edition of the Silent Mobius manga. It's not "impossible to find" rare (very few things truly are in Japan, if you're willing to pay the money), but it is out of print. Was the first order I had re-shipped to me through Tenso, so from that point of view as well was satisfying.

Taiho shichauzo (You're Under Arrest) Movie on Blu-ray - the improvement in picture quality is astounding, a great advert for the value of continually improving technology and something I totally wasn't expecting to be as much worth buying.

Funimation's Dragon Box releases. Never in a million years expected to be able to buy these, even with how much Dragonball stuff has seen a release over time. For all of Funi's growing ranks of minus points, this release is an amazing gift to fans of the show that largely made them what they are today.

Will have more of a think about other stuff... and safe to say that if the first set of Durarara!! arrives any time soon, it will be worth a place on my list.

fabricatedlunatic said:
In terms of snazzy releases, nothing can top the Patlabor movie box sets. God damn those things are sexy.

I'm guessing you mean these rare bad boys.
514rv5ARsfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I remember getting them around a year ago for £17.99 from play.

Yup. Absolute beasts, so they are. I paid about £55 for the two of them, thinking sets with such a small print run (1000 copies each) were bound to disappear before long. Little did I know...

My Gundam Wing dvd set. I didn't get any bonus stuff on them (because I bought the collection as opposed to the 5-ep discs) from ebay absolutely years ago. I still occasionally whip 'em out to watch some robot killy-explody-death. :)

Back