What Cosplays Have you done?

Ice Climber said:
Lupus Inu said:
What do you think the point of it is?

No idea. That's why I asked. Just seems pointless to me.

Its just our way of expressing our love for a certain character or series, I feel more included in a con if I am in Cosplay especially as people are usually more social coming up to you asking for photo's or to ask how you made the outfit or where you bought it.

McIcy said:
Ice Climber said:
Lupus Inu said:

Its just our way of expressing our love for a certain character or series, I feel more included in a con if I am in Cosplay especially as people are usually more social coming up to you asking for photo's or to ask how you made the outfit or where you bought it.

I'm a cosplayer myself. I was referring to the quote pyramid.

Why does every thread about cosplay in this place get ruined?

Currently working on my new cosplay for Amecon in August, i am trying to put together Asuma Sarutobi from NAruto, just need to make some patches to go onto his out fit and then decide whether or not to make his weapons

Some a simple to make, some a hard >_o. You don't always have to use a sewing kit or anything like that.
Example:Sasuke Shippuuden

A karate top, I don't know what there called
Skinny jeans or just dark trousers
A dark cloth
A purple rope, you can also use a dressing gown rope thingy
Flip Flops
A uchiha crest or you can make one

Ice Climber said:
McIcy said:
Ice Climber said:
Lupus Inu said:

I'm a cosplayer myself. I was referring to the quote pyramid.

Why does every thread about cosplay in this place get ruined?

I'm guessing the point of the quote pyramid is that they are quoting them, then leaving it blank so I guess it means they agree with them, or something.

Since Ice Climber basically WANTS an answer it means none of us have ever cosplayed and either don't want to or never will or we may do one day -maybe-, and we have our reasons for that (Go ahead and say "What's that supposed to mean?" too)

Getting my mate to do his first cosplay at Amecon, as he is 6ft+ tall and has long hair plus quite muscled he'll be going as zaraki kenpatchi, its just working out how to spike his hair properly.

I am having to dye my hair black for the big day so i can be Asuma Sarutobi, the cosplay is almost complete just need to sew some patches on that i made this week and then the final part will be his weapons which I am probably gonna have to make as the cost to impost a kit from the USA is kind of a rip off the weapons are only $10 but the company wants $150 just to post them to me and there only small knives

chaos said:
what? 10 for the goods and 150 do deliver? Where are they posting from? Mars? Unbelievable... :(

Yeah and the $150 was the SAVER option the superfast option hit the $180 price range

chaos said:
err... what the hell? 180? how heavy are those knives?!?!? Were they made for Eva-00?

8inches long about 3 inches wide and made from balsa wood, I've ordered 42inch long metal swords from the US and its only cost me $20 for shipping

I agree...eBay's being a pain just because it's a big company, I used to be able to find a cheap but good quality costume but now it takes me like 2-3 days!

Try buying one of eBay or buy things from clothes shops which are similar to the characters. If you ever go to Orbital Manga in London, there are costumes in the shop ^^.

McIcy said:
chaos said:
err... what the hell? 180? how heavy are those knives?!?!? Were they made for Eva-00?
8inches long about 3 inches wide and made from balsa wood, I've ordered 42inch long metal swords from the US and its only cost me $20 for shipping
Won't promise you anything, but I might give it a try... where can I buy balsa wood in this country?
No commitment, as I've never tried to do that before, so I can't promise it will be any good.
but then, if it gets any good, I might find me a new career as a blacksmith .... a cosplayer blacksmith =P

well... my last & only cosplay was like in 1999...? and funny, cause it was from 'X/1999' xDDDDDDDD

I dressed up as Sorata Arisugawa, and since none of us seen anime yet, we all dressed blk&white _^_ later I found out that the stripes and "A" on my shirt should've been yellow, not white xDDD

Back