Week delays for August anime

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to the DVD release dates on Play.com, both MVM and ADV have pushed all of their August UK releases back one week. All of MVM's titles (including Fullmetal Alchemist #2, Gungrave #3 and Texhnolyze #2) are now due on the 15th of August, while ADV's releases (including Last Exile #5 and Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum #4) are now expected on the 22nd of August.

Talking of Play.com release dates, they are now listing Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind and The Cat Returns. Both are due for a UK release (from Optimum as a part of their "Ghibli Collection") on the 26th of September.

I often wonder why UK release dates (particularly MVM's and Beez's) are so subject to change. Not that this one week things is that bigger deal. Only want Last Exile #5.

Shame, disappointing news for me about Fullmetal Alchemist and Last Exile, i also wonder why they are subject to so much change, i wonder what delays them

i'm not too bothered because it gives me more time to save up! it would be nice if they gave their reasons for the delays though - fans would be a lot more understanding if they did.

Although I was pretty much expecting this, it's a pain for me because it means four of the five new releases I want this month will be coming out at the same time, which as always throws off the weekly buying plans. Oh well, rest assured I'll pick up everything eventually...

All of those releases hold some interesting for me, with at least three of them being instant buys and the other two on the list to be bought soon. Apart from delaying my purchase of them, however, it doesn't make that much of a difference to me.

I am slightly dissapointed by the number of time FMA has been put back, is annoying and its making me loose interest in the series.

Whilst this is a bad news it doesn't affect me a great deal, I get paid on the 28th of each month so that's the earliest I can get them anyway. :)

I'm surprised FMA has been pushed back again, there were no discernable problems with my review copy so I can't understand why MVM are holding onto it, perhaps they want to release it during a quiet week to maximise their sales.

Mangaminx said:
I often wonder why UK release dates (particularly MVM's and Beez's) are so subject to change. Not that this one week things is that bigger deal. Only want Last Exile #5.

Italian ones are even worse...

Looks like more bad news on the MVM front- according to play.com, Haibane, Texhnolyze, FMA and Gungrave have all been pushed back another two weeks to the 29th.

yea just noticed that when looking at them. this is getting baka the mvms stuff for this month have been push back way to many times.
and fma vol 2 is takeing for ever to come out.

OH FFS I HATE THIS.

BLoody hell MVM sort it f***ing out!!

I hate every single anime title thats out each month been reelased on the same day, i prefer to spread em out but no, you dont want me to do that do you MVM!!

SHEESH

edit ok they arent out the same day as ADVs. Still its annoying.

Hmmm, i'd really like to know why MVM are having so much trouble getting Fullmetal Alchemist out, wonder if we are ever going to be able to buy it, lol

Damn, Ive been waiting on Full Metal alchemist damn-near a month now...

I remember having it pre-ordered to get it the same time as R.O.D the TV vol2, its really getting annoying now...

From http://www.animetion.co.uk

All six of MVM's scheduled releases for August have unfortunately been delayed due to a fire at the production plant that manufactures their DVDs. This means that September will see five extra releases, all out on the 5th - Gungrave vol 3, Haibane Renmei vol 3, Fullmetal Alchemist vol 2, Texhnolyze vol 2 and Tsukihime Lunar Legend vol 2 - whilst Yu Yu Hakusho vol 4 is pushed way back until 5th December. Although it is a shame it is definitely out of MVM's control and the DVDs are coming, so don't go cancelling those orders!

Ouchy

Back