Wall-E

Tachi- said:
Robot with bra on its head......Gets my vote :thumb: from that you know he's a pimpbot lol

Yeah looks alright. my sister drives me up the wall.....WA'''AL'''eee, weird child.
Did she knocked your head too bad?

Jayme said:
I enjoyed Cars immensely, I'm not a fan of NASCAR at all but I still found all the characters really quite interesting. It had a lot going on, and it certainly looked gorgeous (especially in HD!). I was never sure why it wasn't as favoured by most people.

The one that gets swept under the carpet and forgotten about, a lot, is A Bugs Life which is also very awesome. Flik and everyone in it were pretty cool. This is probably the one I need to watch again out of all the movies.

I think I plan to get them all on BD.

Hiemlich makes A Bug's life.

A cars is only the 2nd Pixar film to get a direct sequel so i guess it was favoured by more than we realised.

eggybob said:
Jayme said:
I enjoyed Cars immensely, I'm not a fan of NASCAR at all but I still found all the characters really quite interesting. It had a lot going on, and it certainly looked gorgeous (especially in HD!). I was never sure why it wasn't as favoured by most people.

The one that gets swept under the carpet and forgotten about, a lot, is A Bugs Life which is also very awesome. Flik and everyone in it were pretty cool. This is probably the one I need to watch again out of all the movies.

A cars is only the 2nd Pixar film to get a direct sequel so i guess it was favoured by more than we realised.

There's another cars film?

BlackWolf said:
eggybob said:
Jayme said:

There's another cars film?

It's coming soon (and by soon i mean like 3 or 4 years.)

Yeah, They are doing a World Tour, Which doesn't sound bad to be honest. Although the film didn't get favourable reviews, people sucked up to it and the sales (DVD, Merchandise, etc) were better than most. I dunno if that's the reason its getting a sequal, though. Most of the stuff is usually been in work for many years, before the release. So, I'm guessing Cars 2 was already was already in production of some sort whilst Cars was released.

Another thing, Toy Story (and to some extent, Cars) looked amazing, yes. But, That doesn't mean it can't get better? I mean, Surely they aren't going to keep the exact same style and quality of animation. It'll be 2010 when it comes out. A big gap since 1997.

I hope Toy Story 3 looks jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Detail like Wall-E, characters like Toy Story w/ Tim Allen = Pure Win!

eggybob said:
Young boys are mad on it. Whilst it's not quite the same level of marketable genius that Toy Story is, it's a pretty clever way of keeping the ball rolling once the film is out.

I own all the Pixar movies on DVD. I saw Cars with a room full of (female) friends and we concluded that whilst we could see its good points, it lacked a certain universality that the other films have as their main strength. I think actually that the characters are reasonably strong and the plot sound, but at the end of the day, 'cars are people' doesn't work as subtly as Toys, Insects, Monsters, Fish and Rats have done elsewhere, and it depends a little more on your interest in Cars than say, the Incredibles did on your interest in the Super Hero genre (which was balanced by a Family drama which may as well have been a left-over Simpsons script that Brad Bird had kicking around the place).

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing Wall-E (hopefully Tuesday) simply because Pixar have yet to make a film that wasn't worth seeing. I'm still bummed I didn't get to see Ratatouille in the cinema.

kupoartist said:
simply because Pixar have yet to make a film that wasn't worth seeing.
Feature-Lengths, I'd agree. However, Most of their shorts are painfully bad. I've only liked (somewhat) two. For The Birds and their latest, Presto and to be totally honest, I could have done with out seeing them.

kupoartist said:
it lacked a certain universality that the other films have as their main strength
I think this hits the nail on the head. It looks like every other Pixar movie but it carries itself slightly differently.

Jayme said:
kupoartist said:
simply because Pixar have yet to make a film that wasn't worth seeing.
Feature-Lengths, I'd agree. However, Most of their shorts are painfully bad.
I quite like the Shorts! The ones based on the films are a little expendable, but the one offs by up and coming directors (For the Birds, Boundin', Lifted especially) are great and you can't be too harsh on anything prior to Toy Story when they're little more than amusing tech-demos (though Luxo-Jr and Knick Knack are wonderful).

edit: Speaking of animated shorts, I never realised that Steamboat Willie was so weird.

kupoartist said:
edit: Speaking of animated shorts, I never realised that Steamboat Willie was so weird.
To be totally honest, Walt Disney was something of a visionary and amazing, Yes. But, I think he must have been a pretty strange guy, Think of the stuff he showed at the World's Fair (Its A Small World comes to mind). I'm not sure the kind of man would dream about a world of little kids. Same goes for Princesses, and such.

A very odd person.

Mollfie said:
LukasROAR said:
Mollfie said:
Ugh I hate Cars >.< it's so boring and the characters are all under developed and equally boring.

:O
You have no heart

I put it down to me not liking cars in general.
Cars aren't cute.

I LOVE the shorts ;_;
QFT =)
interesting to see how many people didn't like cars that much as well... It is huge with kids indeed, all my nephews, and kids about my nephews age have all the cars from the movie... a friend of mine even got a pillow shaped as that racer car.. can't remember it's name now... lighting mcgee?

Back