Viz Media Europe To Distribute Yo-Kai Watch Anime

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
2015-03-30Yo-Kai%20Watch%20English%20poster.jpg

The Japanese video game developer Level-5 (Professor Layton, Ni No Kuni) has taken Japan by storm with the Yo-Kai Watch multimedia franchise; which after starting out as a Nintendo 3DS game, has since spawned multiple sequels, a television anime, collectible toys and even a theatrical feature sinces its debut. After dominating his home country however, Jibanyan has turned his attention overseas.

Last month, the toy company Hasbro confirmed that they will be releasing a series of toys based on the property in western territories next year and now, the anime and manga distributor Viz Media Europe have confirmed on Twitter that they will be handling the distribution of another of Yo-Kai Watch's core pillars - the television anime.

At this time, no further details about the upcoming release have been confirmed.

Source

The invasion begins. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this goes.

(I'm guessing that will also mean a home video release by Kazé, courtesy of Manga UK?).

I will look forward to it being rescued by Discotek in 30 years so the original version can finally be released, then. Gera gera po~

R

I look foreward to it being another japanese franchise that gets bounced off Disney XD and CITV before being papped onto Kix with like half it's episodes dubbed.

Now all we need to know, is how/when the games will appear. Considering their previous titles, I can see Nintendo being the most likely business partner for the overseas release, although the possibility of Bandai Namco Games is still there considering Ni No Kuni.

Maybe we'll hear an announcement at E3? I imagine whoever is going to spear-head the release might want to save the announcement for an event like that.

Joshawott said:
Now all we need to know, is how/when the games will appear. Considering their previous titles, I can see Nintendo being the most likely business partner for the overseas release, although the possibility of Bandai Namco Games is still there considering Ni No Kuni.

Maybe we'll hear an announcement at E3? I imagine whoever is going to spear-head the release might want to save the announcement for an event like that.
Already announced as Nintendo.

Reaper gI said:
Joshawott said:

Already announced as Nintendo.
Level-5 announced Nintendo as being the partner a few hours after I made that post (alongside a new anime season and a bunch of new games). Wasn't surprising to be honest.

Nintendo's press release did give us another clue about the series' localisation though; they made it clear that in the western version, "Yo-kai" aren't ghosts. O....k. Hasbro has however stated, that they are particularly excited about how embedded the franchise is into Japanese culture.

Back