VIZ & Manga Ent announce Mar, Buso Renkin UK distro deal

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
http://www.activeanime.com/html/content/view/2915/36/

VIZ Media and Manga Entertainment have announced an exclusive DVD distribution deal in the UK and Ireland, which will include such hit titles as DEATH NOTE, BLEACH, BUSO RENKIN and more!

BLEACHCannes, FRANCE, April 7, 2008 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies and Manga Entertainment Ltd., a division of Starz Media, LLC an entertainment company specializing in the marketing and distribution of Japanese animation, announce an exclusive DVD distribution deal for the UK and Ireland beginning in April 2008.

On April 28, Manga Entertainment will begin distributing in the UK and Ireland a wide range of DVD titles based on VIZ Media’s successful top selling licensed manga series. The ranges of titles include the smash hit animation series DEATH NOTE and BLEACH, as well as new series such as MÄR and BUSO RENKIN. The first title to be released on DVD under this agreement will be DEATH NOTE Vol. 1, debuting on April 28.

“We are incredibly excited to be able to work with VIZ Media in delivering their fantastic catalogue to anime fans in the UK and Ireland." says Colin Lomax of Anchor Bay Entertainment/Manga Entertainment UK. "We also look forward to working with VIZ Media in growing the anime market in these territories and implementing creative strategies to reach an even wider audience in the home video sector.â€

Can't say this is exactly surprising, since Manga Ent have been splashing VIZ' name everywhere lately. I'm very happy about it though, It means we'll get some really quality releases. I'm disappointed about Naruto, though. I really wish that got caught and fixed up with this new partnership. I don't know much about MAR or Buso Renkin, Although I've seen the latter's box sets and they are quite awesome. The reviews for it weren't bad, either.

..This opens up quite a lot of titles for the UK, actually. It'll be cool to get some of their Live Action films.

How very odd, considering the R1 release got cancelled.

I really wish there were answers to the mass of speculation that surrounds the anime industry these days.

Things really are moving too slowly now, it's been like 8 months since things started changing and no real revelations have come about since.

Really excited about this.

Manga Ent. has been around for ages and provided me with some great anime to watch.

With this news it looks like they are in a healthy state and long may it continue :D

Not surprising that VIZ and Manga Ent. are teaming up again. I have to admit, I really like Manga Ent.; they release lots of good series and movies and at very reasonable prices too (the first 8 episodes of Death Note is on Play.com for €16!), so anything more from them is good news to me!

Can't say I'll be picking up MAR or Buso Renkin, but I'm excited at any future prospects for the partnership ^_^

Love Buso Renkin, it's epic from Start -to- Finish, i already own all of the manga, now i'll own all of the anime as well, lol.

Buso Renkin, now there's a series that I'll pre-order as soon as it can be. Awesome series, now if they just released the soundtrack too...

Back