Viz enters Europe

Just one more tiny question. I bought all the Love Hina manga(14 volumes) and 4 of them have huge red Tokyopop logos on the side, the rest have a small while outline of a tokyopop logo. Would the ones with the red logo be the UK versions?

It looks really odd on my bookshelf and annoys me to the point of complaining silently to myself because they don't match up. Picky I am. ^-^

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Just one more tiny question. I bought all the Love Hina manga(14 volumes) and 4 of them have huge red Tokyopop logos on the side, the rest have a small while outline of a tokyopop logo. Would the ones with the red logo be the UK versions?

It looks really odd on my bookshelf and annoys me to the point of complaining silently to myself because they don't match up. Picky I am. ^-^

Dont think so, some of my Uk manga has them some dosent, same for US

Their European partners, London-based CPLG, in this venture already list the [urlhttp://www.cplg.com/proppage2.php?propid=58]InuYasha[/url] animation as a product, which shows a great deal of promise as far as Viz's anime catalogue receiving European (and UK) releases. This includes, of course, the highly popular Naruto...

This could be very good news for the UK :)

WTFDaveMustaine said:

No, they could well be all the US versions; I have no idea why the logo changes, but it may be to do with printing; i.e. the when Tokyopop printed more Love Hina there logo had changed slightly, and so you have a later print for some copies than for others.

Chomolungma said:
i.e. the when Tokyopop printed more Love Hina there logo had changed slightly, and so you have a later print for some copies than for others.
Yes i believe it is because Tokyopop changed their logo, so the ones with the small white logo are older print than the ones with the newer red logo

Gawyn said:
Their European partners, London-based CPLG, in this venture already list the InuYasha animation as a product, which shows a great deal of promise as far as Viz's anime catalogue receiving European (and UK) releases. This includes, of course, the highly popular Naruto...

This could be very good news for the UK :)

Well spotted; this looks VERY promising for getting the likes of Inuyasha and (dare I say it) Naruto on UK TV. CPLG seem to represent some massive brands over here; WWE, Star Trek and The Simpsons to name but a few! I'm really hoping their combined muscle with VIZ Media will push anime further in this country than it's ever been before.

WOW! amazing news there, Inu Yasha finally!

But i don't get who these CPLG people are, their site says Copyright etc etc, but what do they actually do?

PS On the Inu Yasha page, it says Germany next to it, so i don't think it's in out country at the moment... :?

But i can't wait now, i'm sooooooo excited, i wonder what channel it will be on!??!?!?! OMG HYPER MODE lol :shock: :p :p :p

EDIT: Oh i see, they make European countries aware of liscenced shows, and on teh Inu Yasha page, it says it's been a big success in Germany, but also has pages for about 6 other countries including ours, so watch this space for Inu Yasha on UK TV, YAY!

Back