Viz announce new anime license

well now strange goings on with viz

The Right Stuf has listed Viz's release of Full Moon volume 1 as discontinued. A Viz representative was not available for comment today.

taken from the ANN site

Obviously the manga is quite popular for Viz, and they have a tendency to snap up the anime versions of their manga properties.

But Full Moon wo Sagashite was always considered quite unlicenseable or unmarketable to western fans: magic girls, long running and hell to dub due to all of the songs (a very important part of the show).

We will see how it progresses, however Viz are noted for taking extensive liberties in translation and adaption.

But yeah, its a great series. This does bode a bit well for seeing Aka-chan to Boku (Baby and Me) as well, which was never fully fansubbed.

Well I hope after this lisence, Arina Tanemura will be more popular in the US at lease. since I love her manga.

I think they will only do sub titles for the song, making a english version of the song, sounds very expensive. I don't think VIZ will spend alot of money on it. I hope they have good extras with them. If they do have good extra I might import it from US.

Back