Violet Evergarden Hits Netflix on 11th January (UPDATE)

N

NormanicGrav

(UPDATE: While we know many are excited for the series, we have updated the article after digging a bit deeper into the matter when we published this post. More territories have cropped up with the airing date notice but for now we are noting it down as a ‘unconfirmed' for the time being. We have approached Netflix for further clarification on the matter.)

One of the many titles coming exclusively through Netflix, it has been revealed that the latest Kyoto Animation series Violet Evergarden might be available sooner than we had anticipated.

violetever-2.png

While slated for Spring 2018 outside Japan, the series has been listed for 11th January around the same time as the Japanese broadcast airing date. Assuming this is going as planned it is expected to be a weekly simulcast just like a fair amount of other titles that Netflix have done in the past, most notably Star Trek Discovery for the UK & Ireland.

So far the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany and Brazil have the series listed for 11th January while United States and Canada apparently do not.

The show page is available which you can view here.

Violet-Evergarden-1.png

ABOUT THE SERIES, STAFF & CAST

Violet Evergarden is animated by studio Kyoto Animation (Amagi Brilliant Park, Beyond the Boundary, Hyouka) based on the novel written by Kana Akatsuki. The show is directed by Taichi Ishidate (Beyond the Boundary franchise), with Series composition writer Reiko Yoshida (The Cat Returns, K-On!, A Silent Voice) and music composer Evan Call (Big Order, Dance with Devils, Symphogear GX).

2017-10-24.png

Voice actors Yui Ishikawa (Attack on Titan, Gundam Build Fighters) as Violet Evergarden, Aya Endo (Lucky Star, Macross Frontier) as Cattleya Baudelaire, Daisuke Namikawa (Lupin the Third: Part IV, Persona 4 the Animation) as Gilbert Bougainvillea, Kouki Uchiyama (Amagi Brilliant Park, My Hero Academia) as Benedict Bleu, and Takehito Koyasu (Initial D, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) as Claudia Hodgins have been announced so far also.

A certain point in time, in the continent of Telesis. The great war which divided the continent into North and South has ended after four years, and the people are welcoming a new generation. Violet Evergarden, a young girl formerly known as “the weapon”, has left the battlefield to start a new life at CH Postal Service. There, she is deeply moved by the work of “Auto Memories Dolls”, who carry people’s thoughts and convert them into words. Violet begins her journey as an Auto Memories Doll, and comes face to face with various people’s emotions and differing shapes of love.

There are words Violet heard on the battlefield, which she cannot forget. These words were given to her by someone she holds dear, more than anyone else. She does not yet know their meaning but she searches to find it.

2017-10-24-1.png

Violet Evergarden has been licensed for home video by Anime Limited in the United Kingdom & Ireland regions.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided to keep an eye on the show page at least every day, and now it's been updated with not only a new 'more presentable' background but even an English subtitled trailer!

DSibnPZWkAArC90.jpg

I can add to my list (on the phone app) just like I have with Children of the Whales (which hasn't even got a trailer :() but neither actually show up on the list as I guess because their are no videos to watch yet.

Back