Vinland Saga - Collector's Edition Review

Cold Cobra

I'm entirely trustworthy...
AUKN Staff
Vinland Saga blends historical drama with bloody action and some shonen tropes to form a very satisfying whole, so it’s great to see the anime adaptation finally make it to physical media here in the UK in the form of this collector;s edition. Let’s take a deeper look into MVM’s latest release…

Continue reading...

About the dubbing, would have loved a historical dub with Old Norse and Old English and the other languages used, but I guess that would have been too much extra work.
Would make those scenes with not understanding each other much better.

About the dubbing, would have loved a historical dub with Old Norse and Old English and the other languages used, but I guess that would have been too much extra work.
Would make those scenes with not understanding each other much better.
Yeah, that's the thing you'd have to have everyone speaking languages other than English with subtitles underneath, which for an English dub wouldn't be a great selling point! That's why I said I appreciated the effort but it would've made more sense for the actual anime team not to go for the historical accuracy and just not mention the fact that people should have a hard time understanding each other, because it just left both language tracks with the issue of translators repeating same language back to everyone involved.

Great show though! ;)

I meant the whole show. If it was just for those scenes it would be weird, yes.
IIRC some of the misunderstanding scenes were also in the manga, but I can't how it was handled.

Back