Video Recordings Act is no more?

unellmay said:
What did they cut? :eek:

I read someone on this site that said that
panda go panda should get more than a u
Beacuase you saw the girls underwear
(Basically the same as seeing a nappy mind you)
It's a film about a big panda jeez clearly deserved a 15

So I always assumed the didn't really cut much
That would have been me. :p Panda go Panda was produced in 1972. Free love, and all that, was the social icon of the time back then. It wasn't so much that they were exposed, it was how she exposed them. :wink: Sadly that is the PC world we live in now. It might be rated U, but it wasn't allowed to be shown in a year R class because of those issues, and others. That is just the way it is, and highlights the irrelevance of the BBFC ratings system. I can also point to Hell Girl episode 7 that is rated 12, but is riddled with the "F" word through out it. BTW the cost of the BBFC is not small when they charge, not by the title, but by the number of viewings of that title. That includes all extras and previews, and any back checks . :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
unellmay said:
I read someone on this site that said Panda Go Panda should get more than a U because you saw the girls underwear (basically the same as seeing a nappy mind you). It's a film about a big panda. Jeez, it clearly deserved a 15.
That would have been me. :p Panda go Panda was produced in 1972. Free love, and all that, was the social icon of the time back then. It wasn't so much that they were exposed, it was how she exposed them. :wink: Sadly that is the PC world we live in now. It might be rated U, but it wasn't allowed to be shown in a year R class because of those issues, and others.
I noticed you'd written that Mohawk, but didn't want to fill up the comments box on my own review with a reply. ;)

Frankly, I find it disturbing how much people read into these things. For me Panda was an easy U (not that I support the British Board of F****** C****) and completely innocent. I mentioned the panties because I found it amusing (especially given the infamously suggestive no-pan shot in Nausicaa) but I worry about people thinking that showing a young girl doing a handstand is sexual... I mean, once people reach a certain age they do tend to look for innuendo in anything, a 'wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...' kind of approach - but now (perhaps due to this massive, unfounded paedophile fear which has been gripping the nation for a good decade or so) people seem to look for sexual meanings in childrens entertainment and go 'wink wink, nudge nudge, OH HOW AWFUL!'

Paedophilia seems to have taken over from Nazism as the great British pastime*. We constantly say how terrible we think it is but at the same time we can't stop talking / reading / watching programmes about it!

*Feel free to quote this out of context. Could be fun.

ayase said:
Mohawk52 said:
unellmay said:
I read someone on this site that said Panda Go Panda should get more than a U because you saw the girls underwear (basically the same as seeing a nappy mind you). It's a film about a big panda. Jeez, it clearly deserved a 15.
That would have been me. :p Panda go Panda was produced in 1972. Free love, and all that, was the social icon of the time back then. It wasn't so much that they were exposed, it was how she exposed them. :wink: Sadly that is the PC world we live in now. It might be rated U, but it wasn't allowed to be shown in a year R class because of those issues, and others.
I noticed you'd written that Mohawk, but didn't want to fill up the comments box on my own review with a reply. ;)

Frankly, I find it disturbing how much people read into these things. For me Panda was an easy U (not that I support the British Board of F****** C****) and completely innocent. I mentioned the panties because I found it amusing (especially given the infamously suggestive no-pan shot in Nausicaa) but I worry about people thinking that showing a young girl doing a handstand is sexual... I mean, once people reach a certain age they do tend to look for innuendo in anything, a 'wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more...' kind of approach - but now (perhaps due to this massive, unfounded paedophile fear which has been gripping the nation for a good decade or so) people seem to look for sexual meanings in childrens entertainment and go 'wink wink, nudge nudge, OH HOW AWFUL!'

Paedophilia seems to have taken over from Nazism as the great British pastime*. We constantly say how terrible we think it is but at the same time we can't stop talking / reading / watching programmes about it!

*Feel free to quote this out of context. Could be fun.

You make me sick loli

You make me bored, unellmay.

Erm... did you highlight that phrase because you didn't understand it? Just to explain 'out of context' to you: "Paedophilia seems to have taken over from Nazism as the great British pastime" is amusing and controversial when viewed on it's own because it makes it look like I'm saying everyone in Britain used to be Nazis, and now they are all Paedophiles when what I meant was, we used to be obsessed with Nazis, and now we're obsessed with Paedophiles.

ayase said:
You make me bored, unellmay.

Erm... did you highlight that phrase because you didn't understand it? Just to explain 'out of context' to you: "Paedophilia seems to have taken over from Nazism as the great British pastime" is amusing and controversial when viewed on it's own because it makes it look like I'm saying everyone in Britain used to be Nazis, and now they are all Paedophiles when what I meant was, we used to be obsessed with Nazis, and now we're obsessed with Paedophiles.

Well they're both pretty damn heroic.

But Stop molesting kids and admitting to it indirectly grrrr

^ what?

ayase said:

The sad thing is that now this is completely out of proportion.
A friend of mine usually plays with his daughters while at home to give his wife a little rest and it's not uncommon for them to be left alone, as his wife goes to the hairdresser, shopping, etc.

Some neighbours used to invite his daughters to play at their houses, but because he don't feel comfortable being left alone with other persons kids, he never retribute.

Also, the other day I was at the park on the one day that snowed heavily in London this year. I wanted to take pictures of the park, but my mate told me it was not a good idea, because I'd be taking pics of other's persons kids and this is seem as a "child predator" kind of attitude.

IMO it's really sad when it comes to this. It seems everybody now is a paedophile. (Even though I personally don't believe there are that many around)

@chaos - Never mind. I was just trying to suggest unellmay's trolling was a very poor attempt to get me to admit to what he was suggesting (hence bad undercover cop). That's four posts we really don't need above yours. Would ya snip em out if I said I was offended? ;)

But yeah, that's more or less what I was getting at. Society seems to be set up to think that if there could concivably be anything dodgy going on, there probably is. When in fact, that's a load of bollocks. Hell, when I was little I used to play outside in the street or go to the playground with other kids without adult supervision and now hardly anyone lets their kids do that (and then they wonder why we're all becoming obese). And I find it hard to believe the number of paedophiles has exploded over the last twenty years so much as to make this unsafe now... :roll:

Back