Vexille Preview Showing in Dublin Next Monday

sniper_samurai

Mad Scientist
A special preview showing of Vexille is taking place in Cineworld on Parnell Street next Monday 28th April. The showing starts at 7p.m in screen 16, and the tickets are €7 each. This is part of the Cinemagic Festival that is taking place in cinemas across the city between 23rd April and 1st May.

Does "preview" imply that they will show it again at some point? I know nothing about this movie but these days I never turn down anime on the big screen. Especially with the fate of Evangelion undecided in Europe.

Tin Man said:
Does "preview" imply that they will show it again at some point? I know nothing about this movie but these days I never turn down anime on the big screen. Especially with the fate of Evangelion undecided in Europe.

I believe it is getting a cinema release next month through Momentum. Don't expect it to be on at any other cinema in the country though just like with the Ghibli movies and GitS:Innocence though. Plus its only €7 instead of the usual €10 and is on in screen 16 which is the old big ass Imax screen up the top.

I was reading about Vexille in the latest NEO magazine, and it sounds quite interesting, I think it's worth a look.

I'm in Tipperary, Monday is a school day and it would require more effort than I care to exert in order to convince a friend to go with me; so, sadly, I'll have to give this a miss :/

Vexille showing

I finish work that morning so I'll probably go and see it as I only leave in meath and it's not that far of a drive.

sniper_samurai said:
Tin Man said:

I believe it is getting a cinema release next month through Momentum. Don't expect it to be on at any other cinema in the country though just like with the Ghibli movies and GitS:Innocence though. Plus its only €7 instead of the usual €10 and is on in screen 16 which is the old big ass Imax screen up the top.

Thats good to hear. One screening a month in advance for only €7 in screen 16 probably means that it will be booked out well in advance. Im going to head up at about 6 and see if any tickets are left but im not going to hold my breath.

Although on the other hand it is a monday and an anime movie in dublin so the odds might be in my favour after all.

Tin Man said:
sniper_samurai said:
Tin Man said:

Thats good to hear. One screening a month in advance for only €7 in screen 16 probably means that it will be booked out well in advance. Im going to head up at about 6 and see if any tickets are left but im not going to hold my breath.

Although on the other hand it is a monday and an anime movie in dublin so the odds might be in my favour after all.

It should be ok as I've got my ticket already and its unassigned seating so they aren't expecting it to sell out.

sniper_samurai said:
It should be ok as I've got my ticket already and its unassigned seating so they aren't expecting it to sell out.

Nice to hear. I still know nothing about this movie and since the moment I heard about the screening I made a deliberate decision not to learn more. I have zero expectations other than an anime movie in the cinema.

This is going to be sweet :D

That was really worth €7.

I hated the beginning until I walked out and I realised that the generic boring opening was to show contrast with events later in the movie. This made things a lot more interesting overall, so they dodged a bullet with me.

The 3D has me on the fence though. At times its so beautiful and epic and then 20 seconds later its a computer game cutscene. If they had animated just the characters traditionally it would have made a big difference.

Overall a lot of fun and I'm glad I went </thoughts>

Back