Vertical have acquired the rights to release NISIOISIN's Zaregoto novel series!

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Just announced, Vertical have licensed NISIOISIN's Zaregoto novel series and will be releasing the first volume in early 2017!

CtxIVuaWcAAqFph.jpg

NISIOISIN is known for writing the Monogatari series as well as Katanagatari and Medaka Box.

Zaregoto (also known as Kubikiri Cycle) is also getting an anime adaptation from studio SHAFT as an OVA series. The first two novels were translated and released in English by Del Ray back in around 2008.

Expresses exasperation and disappointment that a company seemingly not interested in ebooks continues to acquire manga and light novel rights.

Damn you Vertical, damn you to hell...

I should probably eBay my Del Ray copy while it's still worth something then!

Kubikiri is pretty good if you're into wacky murder mysteries though, looking forward to see how the series turns out.

This is great news - but I agree, the fact that they don't do ebooks for these is frustrating.

I do wonder how they'll manage this alongside Monogatari though - considering they've only got one Monogatari out so far, it feels ambitious for them to be taking this on too alongside already.

This is great news - but I agree, the fact that they don't do ebooks for these is frustrating.

I do wonder how they'll manage this alongside Monogatari though - considering they've only got one Monogatari out so far, it feels ambitious for them to be taking this on too alongside already.

They are planning to release one Monogatari a month after Bake Part 1 IIRC. It sounds like Kizu was testing the waters but with Bake they'll actually be making an effort to put them out on a schedule.

One a month? Wow, that's a pretty impressive schedule to try and stick to.

Actually, I think I misremembered that, checking the dates and that's blatantly wrong. I must have been thinking of something else. The current dates are, according to Amazon:

Bake Part 1: December 22nd
Bake Part 2: March 2nd
Bake Part 3: April 27th
Nise: June 27th

Still, considering the gap between Kizu and Bake, it's a significant improvement!

That's the worst thing about LN releases. The wait between volumes is brutal. At least we are getting them i guess best not be greedy

Back