US web exclusive for Prefectural Earth Defense Force

Sub-only? No thanks.

This is one of those shows that might have won me over with a strong dub cast - but as it stands, I'm not interested.

aniki said:
Sub-only? No thanks.

This is one of those shows that might have won me over with a strong dub cast - but as it stands, I'm not interested.

From what I've read, it simply wouldn't be financially viable for them to produce a dub. I know dub fans will probably snub it now, but at least ADV are releasing old shows like this. They probably just looked at the facts; the majority of people who buy these old classics probably aren't interested in hearing an English dub anyway.

Here's hoping they take this same approach to more forgotten/unknown OVAs and movies. I'd love to see something like Angel's Egg or the many Studio 4C short movies make it over to the Western world.

Well, minus their whole exclusive thing- it seems strange that they are preventing other online stores selling this.

It's good to see ADV giving an incentive to use their online store in the form of an 'online exclusive' - shame that they are excluding other outlets to do so. Pretty unfair if you ask me.
Paul said:
Here's hoping they take this same approach to more forgotten/unknown OVAs and movies. I'd love to see something like Angel's Egg or the many Studio 4C short movies make it over to the Western world.
I'd love to see Angel's Egg get a DVD release - it's downright odd but a very interesting oddity nonetheless. I would have thought Oshii's involvement alone would be enough to get it released.

I can't say I'll be falling over myself to get hold of a copy of PEDF, although it looks like it could be good for a laugh!

Personally I dislike the whole idea of ADV selling anything exclusively through their US site unless they start shipping internationally, while Im aware itll only be a few minor titles it only takes one I want that I cant import to make me rather annoyed in general. Personally while I couldnt care less about this series, Im sure there are a fair few European fans who are glad they can buy it now they have opened things up to a online store that ships internationally.

Back