Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerome ga Kill

Akame ga Kill!: Collection 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91UZlei4UaL._SL1500_.jpg
81r0T0IL%2B1L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

I find that artwork pretty ugly for Akame ga Kill tbh, especially considering how much nicer the art Crunchyroll has for the series.

I always found it weird how desperate that show seems to treat Akane as the lead character, especially given how much it falls on it's **** the moment she does become the lead character (ambiguous potential spoiler)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I still find it odd how Akame's so prominent on the art work, she's mostly just "there" for the majority of the show. Sure she becomes more focused on when her sister story comes into play but even then, the male MC is the center piece. It takes till his death during the final few episodes for her to become focused on & even then she's outshined by Esdeath. I do wonder why the creator even named the show "Akame Ga Kill" but that's a discussion for another time. I do believe that this art work would've been better suited for Part 2.

EDIT: Haha, fancy the chances of Buzz posting similar sentiments to myself at almost the exact same time :p

Just realised Tatsumi's hair is the wrong colour too...

Dannielle said:
EDIT: Haha, fancy the chances of Buzz posting similar sentiments to myself at almost the exact same time :p

Great minds think alike... :D

I remember hearing something a while ago about how the original manga author apparently had a different title in mind for the series, but had to quickly change it when they found it was trademarked or something (maybe something to do with this?) So the Akame ga Kill title was apparently something decided on at the last minute.

I can see what Animatsu (well, Sentai) were going for when designing this cover though; a dynamic and striking image using limited colours that also showcases the anime's brutal side. However, I would have personally made the logo larger, raised Akame up a bit (and maybe move her closer to the centre?), then removed Tatsumi (I don't think that particular image of him is especially striking or flattering). Also, why isn't the "Episodes 1-12" next to where it says "Complete Collection 1"?

Presumably he was also already aware she would become the eventual main character when he started writing the story. :p

ilmaestro said:
Presumably he was also already aware she would become the eventual main character when he started writing the story. :p
Depends how far ahead he planned the story, considering what other manga artists have said in the past :p

I haven't read the manga, but I know Tatsumi is still alive, so it might be an anime original ending that he had nothing to do with (which would make the name even more bizarre)...

Buzz201 said:
I haven't read the manga, but I know Tatsumi is still alive, so it might be an anime original ending that he had nothing to do with (which would make the name even more bizarre)...
Huh, weird. Does anyone know if Akame is just generally more of a "main" character in the manga, then?

Also agree with Josh on the cover - it would be pretty good if Tatsumi was removed from the image.

Plus (Manga Spoiler) She isn't even the romance option, that's Mine (last I heard anyhows) I could make a little sense of it if she was but nope. Maybe the authors intending on having Akame as the eventual MC but she's so bloody one dimensional & works better as support. Though matters may change in the Manga, could be working on building up her character for all I know (I only read bits and bobs regarding the Manga story)

EDIT:

ilmaestro said:
Buzz201 said:
Huh, weird. Does anyone know if Akame is just generally more of a "main" character in the manga, then?

Also agree with Josh on the cover - it would be pretty good if Tatsumi was removed from the image.

I don't think she is. She definitely wasn't last time I checked but that was when the show was airing/just finished airing

Hang on a minute, my favourite character, Wave, is still alive too! Maybe I'll get on this.

Shame there's only 4 volumes out though, it's bad enough having to wait for My Hero Academia's next volume. I don't think I could handle having to wait for more than one series...

ilmaestro said:
Hang on, Mine doesn't really die either?!. Maybe I should read the manga. ^^;

Nope, the only (don't read if you don't wish to be spoiled ..if you do read the Manga) Night Raid members who pop their clocks in the Manga are Bulat, Susanoo, Chelsea, Sheele & Lubbock . The story started changing from it's source around the time Mine was killed off, everything onward is anime original

Dannielle said:
The story started changing from it's source around the time Mine was killed off, everything onward is anime original
I should probably have looked into this more at the time, haha. Thanks for the info.

awesome, cannot wait to finally get this, been wanting to watch it for so long and the set looks great :) probably one of the best AL have done imo, the colours make it stand out so well!

britguy said:
awesome, cannot wait to finally get this, been wanting to watch it for so long and the set looks great :) probably one of the best AL have done imo, the colours make it stand out so well!

Samurai Flamenco is one of my favourite 'under-appreciated/under-rated' shows because it gets pretty over the top in certain places but still provides some weird kind of entertainment. It's a great homage to the Super Sentai genre.

Can't wait to see your reactions during the latter half of the first set. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back