Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Sentai changed the cover of Motto To Love Ru?

Motto_To-Love-Ru_816726029238_00_01_1012x1080_06cc181b-2b48-432f-ab75-23375fca72be_500x.png

The next release from Toei as they restore all their early anime films in 4K:

BSTD20370.jpg
pussnboots-full2.jpg

It includes Puss in Boots (1968), The Three Musketeers in Boots (1972) and Puss in Boots Travels Around the World (1976).

Already released as part of the collection are The Tale of the White Serpent and The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon.

The next release from Toei as they restore all their early anime films in 4K:

BSTD20370.jpg
pussnboots-full2.jpg

It includes Puss in Boots (1968), The Three Musketeers in Boots (1972) and Puss in Boots Travels Around the World (1976).

Already released as part of the collection are The Tale of the White Serpent and The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon.

I really hope there is a release of TLPatE-HD on Blu-ray in UK, US or Australia at some point, I love that movie and would love to own a copy in HD :)

I really hope there is a release of TLPatE-HD on Blu-ray in UK, US or Australia at some point, I love that movie and would love to own a copy in HD :)

Agreed, it's probably my favourite pre-80s anime film. Utterly wonderful with a superb Akira Ikafube score that ranks among his best work. I'm surprised it never saw a Western release around the time of Zelda: Wind Waker or when Genndy Tartakovsky was at his most popular with Samurai Jack, as they're both heavily influenced by its design. Hopefully Discotek or Anime Limited avail us with a release...

Agreed, it's probably my favourite pre-80s anime film. Utterly wonderful with a superb Akira Ikafube score that ranks among his best work. I'm surprised it never saw a Western release around the time of Zelda: Wind Waker or when Genndy Tartakovsky was at his most popular with Samurai Jack, as they're both heavily influenced by its design. Hopefully Discotek or Anime Limited avail us with a release...

Yeah :) Also reminds me I need to buy Feherlofia/Son of the White Mare on BD if that's available now as I know that got a 4K restoration recently and was a big inspiration on GT for Samurai Jack as well :)

Much prefer that Perfect Blue steelbook to ALs attempt
I do prefer the Kaze one overall but the "steelbook edition" at the top boggles my mind. Yes, it's a steelbook, I can see that. The logos are also unnecessary since they're already on the spine. I'm not too big on the whole framing thing but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Collectors: we want less logos and no blue bars!
Kaze:
4qzedj.jpg

I do prefer the Kaze one overall but the "steelbook edition" at the top boggles my mind. Yes, it's a steelbook, I can see that. The logos are also unnecessary since they're already on the spine. I'm not too big on the whole framing thing but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Collectors: we want less logos and no blue bars!
Kaze:
Yeah the Steelbook edition is completely redundant! I can live with the borders but I'd have cut them back by 50% and dropped the DVD / Blu ray tag at the bottom 😂

Funimation AU x Madman Entertainment January 2021 covers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg