upcoming DVD starter sets for the UK....

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
whilst browsing through play.com's coming soon section on the anime section i noticed that there were 2 new series that are getting the red carpet treatment for the uk release.
i just thought that i'd share this with everyone here, just incase you were holding out for the R1 releases..or you thought the UK wouldn't see much starter sets.

.hack/Roots: Vol.1 Artbox (DVD and CD)http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/37/51/-/3384476/-hack-Roots-Vol-1-Artbox/Product.html?searchtype=genre - 23/07/2007
3384476m.jpg

The next one made me really suprised since i cancelled the R1 version of this just 2 days ago, and also the fact that the uk gets the cool artbox.

Beck Starter Sethttp://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/37/51/-/3423602/Beck-Starter-Set/Product.html?searchtype=genre[/url - 17/09/2007
3423602l.jpg

also on a side note, there are dozens of boxsets coming real soon.

That Beck artbox is the same as the R1 one, which means Revalation are releasing things that came out R1... this could imply that we might get 'starter sets' with Funimation's other upcoming releases... Darker Than Black starter set, anyone? : )

As for Beez, they're doing a terrific job as always with their boxsets.

The Beck box looks brilliant, I love it when series get special stuff like that, too bad I never got into the series

Me want that .hack//roots, it just looks awesome. But I still haven't managed to get hold of the Sign boxset... Virgin doesn't even stock .hack O_O

Apparently, Mushishi and Tsubasa will be getting starter sets too, and the FMA special edition movie will get a release too, but not until next year. Source for this is here

Noratav said:
Apparently, Mushishi and Tsubasa will be getting starter sets too, and the FMA special edition movie will get a release too, but not until next year. Source for this is here

Whaa??? I never knew the Special Edition FMA movie has been pushed back, damn; last time i checked the normal and SE were being released on the same date, later this year.

Noratav said:

Oh my goodness, things are finally looking up for the UK! (and have been getting better and better for a long time). This feels unreal... only have to go back to Q3/4 2006 and no one would have believed this were possible... I guess one can make an assumption anime is getting more popular over here...

Back