UK release dates for Negima, Golgo 13, Noein and Tokko

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Through Pinnacle Vision it has been confirmed that Revelation Films (via FUNimation) will release the first DVD volume of "harem sensation" Negima in the UK during February while several brand new Manga UK release dates and debuts have come to light too:
  • Golgo 13: Professional Special Agent (5th Feb)
  • Noein - To Your Other Self #1 (19th Feb)
  • Street Fighter II Special Edition (19th Feb)
  • Tactics Series 1 Part 1 (26th Feb)
  • Tokko (5th March)
UPDATE: We have also confirmed via Amazon.co.uk that Revelation Films intends to release romantic melodrama Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) in the UK - the first DVD volume launching 18th March. Thanks, Cago1020.

I'm really split on Negima. I really WANT to like the series, but I can't stand Negi himself...but eh...I'll probably end up getting the DVD on the spur of the moment.

And whoa!...

19-02...ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK SEASONS 1 - DVD

Niiiiice!

Isn't Golgo 13 that series that is longer than Kochikame and the bible?

I'm getting Tokko definately and may get SF:II for the Chun-Li scene.

Disco Machine said:
I'm really split on Negima. I really WANT to like the series, but I can't stand Negi himself...but eh...I'll probably end up getting the DVD on the spur of the moment.

And whoa!...

Niiiiice!

I'm still on the fence until Revelation/Funimation shows are on the shelves, I just have this feeling they'll be dub only and have none of the extras from the US release at all

Searching Amazon for interesting Funimation titles and discovered
Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga nozomu eien) - 19th March 2007

Hope someone's not already mentioned it

GrantM said:
Disco Machine said:

And whoa!...

Niiiiice!

I'm still on the fence until Revelation/Funimation shows are on the shelves, I just have this feeling they'll be dub only and have none of the extras from the US release at all

What makes you say that? I'm sure FUNimation have taught Revelation a bit about what anime fans want (which is subs), and it would actually cost EXTRA money for them to remove Japanese dub and special features from the DVDs, if only a small amount.

I think this is a good thing for FUNi DVDs. The releases seem to be very rapid.

Espy said:
GrantM said:
Disco Machine said:

And whoa!...

Niiiiice!

What makes you say that? I'm sure FUNimation have taught Revelation a bit about what anime fans want (which is subs), and it would actually cost EXTRA money for them to remove Japanese dub and special features from the DVDs, if only a small amount.

They aren't using the FUNimation DVDs for masters since they would be in NTSC so they would have to get PAL masters from elsewhere (such as Madman) or do their own masters, which means they would have to create a disc with both audio tracks and the subtitle tracks essentially from the ground up and would need to add the content rather than remove it. Until we have seen what they have to offer we can't be 100% sure of what they are doing.

What is so 'special' about that special edition of Streetfighter II? I know that the Chun-Li shower scene was originally taken out of the american version, and that it was added to the new special edition in america, also all the swearing and blood was taken out for the original american version too.
All of which are in both the UK vhs and dvd versions, so im wondering what is special about this uk release of the 'special' edition.

I also know that it was packaged with a ltd edition Udon Streetfighter comic, will this be included?

Guyver said:
What is so 'special' about that special edition of Streetfighter II? I know that the Chun-Li shower scene was originally taken out of the american version, and that it was added to the new special edition in america, also all the swearing and blood was taken out for the original american version too.
All of which are in both the UK vhs and dvd versions, so im wondering what is special about this uk release of the 'special' edition.

I also know that it was packaged with a ltd edition Udon Streetfighter comic, will this be included?
Think it might have the original Japanese soundtrack (though apparently the English one's better anyway - less cheesy). Apart from that I don't think there's much difference from the old version as it wasn't really ever edited over here. No idea about the comic though...

Gawyn said:
Espy said:
GrantM said:
Disco Machine said:

And whoa!...

Niiiiice!

They aren't using the FUNimation DVDs for masters since they would be in NTSC so they would have to get PAL masters from elsewhere (such as Madman) or do their own masters, which means they would have to create a disc with both audio tracks and the subtitle tracks essentially from the ground up and would need to add the content rather than remove it. Until we have seen what they have to offer we can't be 100% sure of what they are doing.

I can't imagne Funimation letting them release it dub only. Don't forget it'll be their name on the disc not Revelations, besides have another look at the Rumbling Hearts listing on Amazon. Under languages it lists both English and Japanese.

ive heard the japanese soundtrack on streetfighter 2 and the english rock soundtrack suits the film much better but im sure there are purists out there who would argue against that.

Must admit I've got a nostalgic feeling for the English dub/soundtrack for Streetfigher 2. I love how they took out the normal BGM and just pasted in a load of 90s grunge bands like Alice in Chains and Silverchair. I'm interested in hearing the original Japanese version just because the English track is so ingrained. It is a damn good action movie. Ryu vs Fei Long - with a fully animated Hurricane kick - awesome. Chun Li vs Vega was a great match up too, again, the Spinning Bird Kick was wonderfully animated :) *Heads off to YouTube*

If it does have the jap audio on it then ill deffo buy it, as im intruiged as to what it will be like. I have a Streetfighter II dvd that i bought from spain once, it has the jap audio on it, but i refused to watch it because it isnt the full screen version that the uk recieved, It has the top and bottom bits cut off :?

Also, i remember reading somewhere that the anime, including dub and soundtrack were made specifically for the western audience, and that the japanese dub came after the english version. Apparently it was because the game was more popular in the west than it was in japan at the time :shock:

Ushio said:
Golgo 13 will have both language tracks and a commentary by Jonathan Clements, it's a fair improvement over Manga's previous release of this film.

Hopefully (although unlikely) it contains the original 2.0 Japanese audio track.

If i am to have any faith restored in the UK industry at all then we need to see an improvement over the Urban Vision release in the US which was plagued by a non anamorphic transfer, no original 2.0 Japanese track (just a horrible 5.1 upmix) and it was edited.

Anything similiar to the R2 Japanese release would be incredible since it was remastered, uncut and an anamorphic.

Area88 said:
Ushio said:
Golgo 13 will have both language tracks and a commentary by Jonathan Clements, it's a fair improvement over Manga's previous release of this film.

Hopefully (although unlikely) it contains the original 2.0 Japanese audio track.

If i am to have any faith restored in the UK industry at all then we need to see an improvement over the Urban Vision release in the US which was plagued by a non anamorphic transfer, no original 2.0 Japanese track (just a horrible 5.1 upmix) and it was edited.

Anything similiar to the R2 Japanese release would be incredible since it was remastered, uncut and an anamorphic.
It really depends upon the masters they receive from their licensors. Distributing companies are not always provided with or offered the very latest versions of titles so in very large part it is often beyond their control as to what they release.

Back