UK NTSC Anime DVDs?

nanika

Brigade Leader
This may sound a bit odd... but does anyone have a list of what anime has been released on DVDs in the UK in NTSC? I know at least these DVDs are:

- Ah! My Goddess OVAs
- The Tenchi Encyclopedia that comes with one of the Tenchi movies

and I'm sure I've seen a few more DVDs in shops saying NTSC. Does anyone have any definitive list, or have any more DVDs to add to this list?

Wouldn't it be a bit of a problem to release NTSC video media over here? Customers with incompatible televisions would be justifiably dissatisfied with such items.

Zin5ki said:
Wouldn't it be a bit of a problem to release NTSC video media over here? Customers with incompatible televisions would be justifiably dissatisfied with such items.

I don't think either of the people still using TVs that old even buy anime though. :lol:

Every TV made within the last ten years, perhaps longer, can display NTSC fine. Anime should be released here in NTSC, because it is produced in NTSC in Japan. Keep it the way it was originally made.

I shall take your word for it. The television I have in my parents' house is around 14 years old, meaning that I was treated to a grayscale picture when I tried feeding an NTSC signal through it.

Zin5ki said:
I remember a few old WWE/F DVDs were region 2 NTSC, for some reason, so I guess it's at least "allowed", whether it's a good idea or otherwise.

And Mutsumi, we are talking almost ten years ago, of course, so the TVs people had were quite different from now. As a student I remember having to buy a new TV to play NTSC signals in color, many other people would have had years old TVs that weren't fully compatible.

Just remembered, Fabulous Film's only Inuyasha release was NTSC.

I have two ancient TVs, one getting close to 20 years, both play NTSC. I think it was a matter of how much you spent on the telly way back when as to what spec you got, and a midrange TV from back then would be NTSC compatible. I always thought that if a telly had a SCART input, then it would be compatible, but I guess I'm wrong about that.

I never even contemplated this happening. I think pretty much everything should be released in NTSC then. If originally like that, then why in hell would you want to speed it up.

Also, I do recall having a black and white images with NTSC on telly's. But, shocking to me, it seems like everyone's pretty much replaced their tellies since then. Time... it passes by.

Back