UK MP critisizes amount of anime on UK kids TV

Maybe the kids dont like british cartoons.

Come on! My little Cousin likes (?) Shaman King.

No offence but British Cartoons arnt great. Thats why American AND Japanese are taken over.

Animation is Animation. Certain Animation's have different origins...

Masaka_Naraku said:
No offence but British Cartoons arnt great. Thats why American AND Japanese are taken over.

Have you seen some of the foreign cartoons on TV right now? Are you seriously telling me that we can't do better than Biker Mice from Mars (AKA, the "watch Californian teenagers who think that adding 'o' onto the ends of random words is cool fight fat people with funny accents" show)? The Secret Show isn't perfect, but I'd take it over that tosh any day.

It's been like this for decades - Bagpuss and Clangers may have been rough around the edges, but they had far more wit and charm than the production-line guff that Filmation was churning out at the time. I heard a show on the radio where some people were trying to get Noggin the Nog back on TV, but the head of CBBC shrugged them off saying that todays kids' prefer current shows (one of the examples of quality children's TV she named was - get this - Super Duper Sumos).

Then the Noggin-supporters took tapes of the series round a primary school. The kids loved it.

That's fine, but Localy made Mordern animation is a load of crap made for hte lowest common deomnator.

As bad as, say, The Batman was, it picked up fairly damn quickly after it's premare.
The same, most defently can't be said of the secret show.

And if we throw something as gawdamn awful as say, the likeaballs (which is even worse, it's like those old "Sailor Says"/"Sonic Says" things only, its' the whole damn episode) UK Aniamtion has to pick up a few points and PDQ

Conan-san said:
And if we throw something as gawdamn awful as say, the likeaballs (which is even worse, it's like those old "Sailor Says"/"Sonic Says" things only, its' the whole damn episode) UK Aniamtion has to pick up a few points and PDQ

"Kid's, theres nothing more cooler that your anime, but if a MP trys to take away your anime, thats no good. It's your anime, no one has the right to steal your anime if you don't want them to.

So what do you do? First you say No!, then you get outta there"

Ah sonic sez, what kind of a person would i be now, if i didn't base my life around them i wonder

I woke up early this morning and watched Yu Gi OH GXP or whatever the hell it's called. Truely a bastardised version of pokemon, i feel sorry for the youth of today.

If he does take away -my- anime, then I shall take the 7-whatever hour journey to London and tie myelf to the Eye.

>.>
<.<
>.>

who's with me?

Back