Overseas UK Blu-Ray List / Australian Blu-ray List / USA Region B and Geolocked List

October's UK Blu Ray Releases Added

Classroom Of The Elite Season 1
Evangeline 3.0+1.11
Flying Witch
The Girl From The Other Side Ova
K-on! Season 1,2 + Movie
Shinobi No Ittoki

October's Australian Blu ray Releases Added

A Couple of Cuckoos - Season 1 Part 1
Black Summoner
Parallel World Pharmacy
Ranking of Kings - Season 1
The Rising of the Shield Hero - Season 2

I picked up a copy of Sentai's soremachi "And Yet The Town Moves" Blu-Ray release awhile back (great series!) - I notice you have it listed as "geo-locked" -- but it runs totally fine in my player (region B), no bypass needed.

I picked up a copy of Sentai's soremachi "And Yet The Town Moves" Blu-Ray release awhile back (great series!) - I notice you have it listed as "geo-locked" -- but it runs totally fine in my player (region B), no bypass needed.
It's very likely that all of Sentai titles are now region B now, but it's difficult to confirm this and it may change again in the future.
Another issue is that the geo-lock method may only be a feature on older blu-ray players too which may have been phased out again not possible to confirm.

I can confirm the following titles are region B compatible,

Crunchyroll:
A Couple Of Cuckoos - Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray)

Sentai:
Chivalry Of A Failed Knight (Steelbook)
Golden Time - (Dub Version)
Majestic Prince - Complete Collection (TV Series +Movie)
Problem Children are Coming from Another World (Re-release)

I can confirm the following titles are region B compatible,

Sentai:
Chivalry Of A Failed Knight (Steelbook)
Golden Time - (Dub Version)
Majestic Prince - Complete Collection (TV Series +Movie)
Problem Children are Coming from Another World (Re-release)
Hello

It's very likely that all of Sentai titles are now region B now, but it's difficult to confirm this and it may change again in the future.
Another issue is that the geolock method may only be a feature on older blu-ray players and not subject to all either. which may have been phased out but not possible to confirm.
For this reason I have not changed them from Geo-locked to region B.
Unless we have a computer program that can confirm them 100% it's just not worth the risk.

Apologies Denny, but I would like to discuss a few things below,

Hello

All current Sentai titles should be region free, as ever since they started geo-locking their discs they don't seem to region lock them anymore. And yes, it may change in future, but that's a discussion for if/when it happens.

Another issue is that the geolock method may only be a feature on older blu-ray players and not subject to all either. which may have been phased out but not possible to confirm.

All Blu-ray players (made by the tech companies at least) should have a country/area code, it's just not all players allow you to change it at will.

For this reason I have not changed them from Geo-locked to region B.

That's fine, I'm simply putting the info out there to let people know.

All current Sentai titles should be region free, as ever since they started geo-locking their discs they don't seem to region lock them anymore. And yes, it may change in future, but that's a discussion for if/when it happens.
I'm not going to be responsible for putting information out that cannot be 100% verified.
Does anyone even have a Blu-ray player from that far back that can confirm titles that are still geolocked?
Even some of the earlier titles I have that were confirmed Geo-locked play fine on my new players even when I change the geo to Japan.
So unless we have a computer programme where we can actually check the regions of each disk I do not think it's unreasonable to keep them as geo locked.

I'm not going to be responsible for putting information out that cannot be 100% verified.
Does anyone even have a Blu-ray player from that far back that can confirm titles that are still geolocked?
Even some of the earlier titles I have that were confirmed Geo-locked play fine on my new players even when I change the geo to Japan.
So unless we have a computer programme where we can actually check the regions of each disk I do not think it's unreasonable to keep them as geo locked.
I still have an ancient BD player, an old panasonic, sorry it's been a while I've been away so haven't been able to get near the internet, the only Sentai title of the Geolock era that doesn't work is Dog X Scissors

Back