UK anime & manga news from AyaCon *updated*

im takeing a big guess here but i bet these are the shows that will be shown on rature as they was going to be two serie being shown and adv and bezz have both said they have still not got any of there shows on tv.

Well I posted on the rapture boards and they just said one of them will be shown which is obviously FMA so maybe MVM are looking into getting YYH shown on Toonami, or maybe even Jetix, who knows.

im very interested in panda z, lol giant panda robots lol

i might get the ikkitousen boxset

i want to join the adv uk club when and if it comes out

Ramen89 said:
What about Saiyuki the original series, I thought ADV were releasing it so when are they? Surely MVM can't release Relod until the first series is out.
This is exactly what i was wondering about, is it a series that can be watched without seeing the original. I saw Goku from Saiyuki on the ADV display at the May expo, but is there going to be a release of the first series sometime in the future

Charter_Mage said:
Ramen89 said:
What about Saiyuki the original series, I thought ADV were releasing it so when are they? Surely MVM can't release Relod until the first series is out.
This is exactly what i was wondering about, is it a series that can be watched without seeing the original. I saw Goku from Saiyuki on the ADV display at the May expo, but is there going to be a release of the first series sometime in the future
That would be a pretty pointless exercise, as unless you've watched the original Gensoumaden Saiyuki, you're unlikely to understand what the hell is going on in Reload - not that I was that impressed with Reload :(

Well I remeber a while back on ADV's site they had a poll of which series you'd like to see first or something like that and Saiyuki was on the list, don't think it won though.

Ramen89 said:
Well I remeber a while back on ADV's site they had a poll of which series you'd like to see first or something like that and Saiyuki was on the list, don't think it won though.

I remember that, Gantz (which has since gone to MVM) and Madlax were there too, although I can't remember the others exactly.

I've never seen Saiyuki but I've been lead to believe the three series are all pretty similar and you don't actually have to watch them in order to understand them. So MVM are possibly releasing Saiyuki Reloaded due to that. Geneon haven't started releasing the 3rd series Saiyuki Reload Gunlock yet, but I believe they have the license to that too.

Mangaminx said:
I've never seen Saiyuki but I've been lead to believe the three series are all pretty similar and you don't actually have to watch them in order to understand them.

The series do actually run on from eachother, and whilst knowledge of the previous series isn't essential they all follow one overarching plot so it would certainly help. The only real standalone Saiyuki title was the movie, Requiem that deviated from the main plot to deliver a seperate tale.

From what I've read it seems as though the beginning of Reload manages to squeeze in a recap and a few standalone stories to help ease the uninitiated into the plot, still I'd much rather see the original series first; there is some good news however, you can import the first series as part of ADV's 'Double Barrel' collection, which basically means you get 2 volumes for the price of 1.

To answer those people who were wondering how the fire had affected MVM then the result is that it has completely stuffed up their release schedule for a couple of months at least...

Their September release schedule will now consist of 9 releases and the rest of the year there will be a greater number of releases per month than intended and also some releases into December (which MVM always try to avoid) to compensate. Burst Angel has been pushed back due to all of this until (tentatively) January.

Another thing worth noting from the MVM panel is that they (and apparently ADV) have noted that teh UK market is becoming saturated with too many new releases per month and that MVM and (probably) ADV will be cutting back their release schedules to 4 volumes per monthas of next year.

On the Escaflowne problems (or problems in general with previous BEEZ titles) titles are now going through a stringent and painstaking quality control process (the BEEZ representative was the one responsible for this process) to ensure high quality. No specific mention of any fixes (but I, for one, never had any problems with Escaflowne anyway) for any existing titles but new titles should by all accounts have no flaws in them.

As for the Battle Vixens/Ikki Tousen debate, the title will apparently ship with reversible covers, the main side featuring the Battle Vixens title whilst the flip-side will feature the Ikki Tousen title. So you can take your pick :p

Another thing worth noting from the MVM panel is that they (and apparently ADV) have noted that teh UK market is becoming saturated with too many new releases per month and that MVM and (probably) ADV will be cutting back their release schedules to 4 volumes per monthas of next year.

That is a good thing, and also makes it alot cheaper for everyone :lol:

Back