UK Anime Club Membership

The first Urusei Yatsura is hilarious. I would never have bought it myself, but since I got it I thought I should watch it. All other Urusei Yatsura I've seen is pretty poor though. maybe it was just the mood I was in when I saw it.

Samurai Champloo is an amazing series to get into and Trigun is the first anime series I ever watched and to this day is still one of my faves. The same with Love Hina, its one of my all time fave Harems

Trigun is fun as hell. Lain is one of the best series out there. Love Hina and Chobits were entertaining but not great series. Champloo was watchable but the soundtrack didn't work with the show for me.

I like Tenhjo Tenge but no one else mentioned it so I guess no one else likes it! :lol: Lain, Trigun and Samurai Champloo are all good.

I'm a member, joined up at the last Expo. As the membership was the same price as a DVD I thought of it as buying a DVD and getting a year's membership for free! You get sent a quarterly magazine which is A5 in size and about 30 pages I think. It mainly contains reviews of various anime and manga and it's quite fun throughout.

Riding Bean and Bubblegum Crisis are currently being cleared out by MVM at £4.99 each. You'd be better off getting them at the cheaper price and get a more expensive DVD when you join. (I'm tightfisted like that! :twisted: )

My favourite out of them is Samurai Champloo, a great series.

I was a member of that the other year, it's decent enough i guess.
Not much to the little magazine, but it has a few alright reviews, and a couple of competitions.
Best bit in my opinion was the little card, keyring, and pen (bit cheap, but you can take it about and it shows you are an anime fan ;)). Also the little stickers you can collect to get a free dvd or volume of manga; though this is only really any good if you buy quite a bit of anime and manga as you need to collect quite a few stickers.
I was probably going to re-new my membership, but i just never got around to it...that in itself probably sums up what i thought of it - alright but not great, if you want to buy one of the dvds anyway you might aswell go for it

Been a member of it for nearly a year, well worth the money, i am only buying anime off the site if its cheaper than anywhere else and i have still managed to get 2 free DVD's worth of tokens :) so more than made my money back on the membership.

The magazine isn't great but its well worth the read for the price, and the freebees with the subscription some in handy.

Probably wont be renewing my subscription again but that’s mainly because i have no money to spend on anime for a while :(.

I recently joined for the first time and I think that it's an excellent offer and other companies like ADV, manga, beez etc should do a similar promotion.

Back