UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

Tower of God UE today £90

So is that an 'outer card slipcase' or an 'outer rigid slipcase'? 🤔

Woo boy, it will be easy to hit the £100 threshold for free international shipping with that one...

So is that an 'outer card slipcase' or an 'outer rigid slipcase'? 🤔

yeah, since they dinged us on the Blood-C Ultimate set, I wouldn't doubt it ends up being a big o-card slipcover, and not even side-load at all. Notice they don't mention the word rigid in the description this year...

Last edited:
Blood-C Ultimate book/box was A4 sized, so yeah. I guess the discs will be mounted on the inside front and back covers with those same foam rubber hubs they used in the Blood-C and Evangelion Ultimate Editions. From the pictures, it looks like it will be identical to the Blood-C Ultimate release last year.

Last edited:
Woo boy, it will be easy to hit the £100 threshold for free international shipping with that one...

yeah, since they dinged us on the Blood C Ultimate set, I wouldn't doubt it ends up being a big o-card slipcover, and not even side-load at all.
Yeah thats what I was thinking, after the (I'm not gonna say "bait & switch") I'll say miscommunication of the Blood-C set they kinda need to be VERY clear with what the packaging is...
Listing it as 'outer slipcase' isn't it 😂

Some ultimate edition come with an A4 Art book seprate and art box at a differnt size, sometimes the regular size but some times not.
Eureka seven was A4 Art book with regular CE size, i think wolf's rain as well. but they are also older sets, so none of this probably helps in what they are doing now.

EDIT: oh maybe A4 from reading the description of "packagin and physical contents", but still not sure.

EDIT: ok should read all of that section, last bit "The book is contained within an outer slipcase", so maybe seprate, I'm still confused (but that not too hard for me)

Last edited:

The blood set was supposed to be 500 copies how many is this one?

I dunno lads that’s too spicy a price for me. I can wait for a cheaper edition

Btw the viz standard version is $15 on amazon.com atm

Last edited:
Some ultimate edition come with an A4 Art book seprate and art box at a differnt size, sometimes the regular size but some times not.
Eureka seven was A4 Art book with regular CE size, i think wolf's rain as well. but they are also older sets, so none of this probably helps in what they are doing now.

EDIT: oh maybe A4 from reading the description of "packagin and physical contents", but still not sure.

EDIT: ok should read all of that section, last bit "The book is contained within an outer slipcase", so maybe seprate, I'm still confused (but that not too hard for me)

Like I posted above, It looks to be identical to the Blood-C Ultimate set from last year - an oversized A4 book (the description says over 200 pages, the image says 328 pages) with the discs mounted on the inside of the front and back covers with those foam rubber hubs that were used in the Blood-C and Eva UEs, and a thin cardboard slipcase. Notice they don't use the word "rigid" in the description for this one, like they mistakenly did with Blood-C.

Still, they raised the price substantially for basically the same release as the Blood-C UE, when that one was only £59.99 last year - unless they actually do plan on using a rigid chipboard slipbox this time around...

Like I posted above, It looks to be identical to the Blood-C Ultimate set from last year - an oversized A4 book (the description says over 200 pages, the image says 328 pages) with the discs mounted on the inside of the front and back covers with those foam rubber hubs that were used in the Blood-C and Eva UEs, and a thin cardboard slipcase. Notice they don't use the word "rigid" in the description for this one, like they mistakenly did with Blood-C.

Still, they raised the price substantially for basically the same release as the Blood-C UE, when that one was only £59.99 last year...

It definitely seems like all the sets coming out are more expensive, I suspect a wide range of price increases for most of the parts that wind up making the sets, printing, raw materials, licenses, and staffing costs.

Probably justified and largely passed along costs, but consumers wind up with the higher priced end items.

I mean it has more than double the pages in the book, paper isn't free. Not that I wanna defend these stupid book Ultimate Editions, absolutely hate them tbh.

Yes, I see now the Blood-C UE had a 144 page book, so this one will be a good bit thicker. I was interested in getting the Tower of God UE, but since it is a similar release, I don't know now if I'll bite or not. I do already own the US VIZ standard release.

Well, this is what I was waiting for. Just need to check if there is anything not shown yet I plan to order, otherwise I can grab it all tonight that I'm after.
I should ask but what is Nadia like? I've heard it mentioned before, both here and in other places.

Back