Tsubasa Chronicle

Fiend Kraken III

Completely Average High School Student
Is anyone here a fan of Clamp, or at the very least Tsubasa? The Tsubasa dub is releasing here on the 17th, IIRC and I've pre-ordered it despite having already seen the entire first series subbed. It's an excellent series, a little slow paced but the characters and music make up for any pacing problems. Oh, and what I've heard of the dub isn't bad either.

So is anyone else picking this up?

The dub for Tsubasa Chronicle is fantastic, and the series isn't bad either. I'm currently following the US release of Tsubasa, and it's looking good so far ;)

I'm nearly as much a CLAMP nut as I am a dub nerd.

I'm going to wait until there is news of a third season before I think of investing in DVDs for it.

I am going to start buying the mangas though.

Hmm? Isn't that just a one-off?

Personally I think Production IG should do the series- they animated the movie and it was very nice, visual-wise.

King Jimmeh said:
I'm going to wait until there is news of a third season before I think of investing in DVDs for it.

I am going to start buying the mangas though.

Well, the manga is better anyway, so...

Been watching Tsubasa for a while and the story does become repetative quite quickly, with the same characters in all worlds.

However I do love watching this anime, some of the worlds are brilliant, I particularly liked the world that worked like a video game and the world where they ended up on a motorised bus.

The movie is a good story, it doesn't feel stretched to fill the time and has a good pace, its one of my fave anime movies actually.

I'm also hoping for a third season as I'd love to know more about the Fai character as we have learnt about the others but his past is still cloudy and I'd love to know more about why he is running. I'd also like to know more about the people tracking and watching them as they travel.

I got the R1 starter set ages ago and have watched about 6 episodes (maybe) of the series on fansub, I need to finish it off.. but I think I'll wait for all the DVDs to come out.

I'm not too fond of the anime, though I absolutely LOVE the manga right now.

I did however buy the first DVD while I was in America, and upon watching it..I really didn't like the dub very much at all:\ (I haven't seen much of the original Japanese, so I don't think my opinion on it is TOO biased or anything...)

Sakura's voice is too...High pitched(I know it's quite high in the original but I just didn't like her dubbed voice.)? There's something not right about it. Syaoran sounded right enough. KU-RO-GA-NE (Not Kuro-gane. That REALLY annoyed me) was alright aswell, and finally Fai, was awful. Vic Mignogna did a terrible job I thought. Don't get me wrong, I quite liked him as Edward in Fullmetal Alchemist, but his performace in Tsubasa I felt was poor :(

I didn't really like the quality of the animation at some points (That's a really lousy thing to be put off by, but it's something that gets to me), so it's another reason I haven't watched much.

There is also a movie which was released in unison with xxxHolic I think. It's like an episode, in that it's 30 minutes long (Unless that's the xxxHolic movie, I forget), but I'm sure it's done by a different company and doesn't follow the manga.

There is no season 3 confirmed, I'm pretty sure Bee-Train (The animation company for Tsubasa) dropped it.
But there is a OVA coming out soon of the Acid-Tokyo arc, which I'm sure, if there was a season 3, would have been part of.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the OVA myself. The artwork looks great so far, and Acid-Tokyo was one of my favourite worlds for all that happened there.

Gotta check this seires out :p I'll be buying the starter set but I want to start collecting the manga. But none of the shops I buy from have the first volumes and Amazon doesn't have them either >_> I guess i'll have to look around or wait to see if they have it at the October Expo.

Back