Trigun, Your views

Yes, and its interesting that its a story largely absent from the manga. Vash is mortal is source material, after all, and Trigun Maximum pretty much rewrites the plot from episode 12 onwards.

Please don't assume that I'm against them advancing the plot, but it wasn't especialy good storytelling, and character development was a little lacking.

Trigun is the only series I've ever watched only a single episode of and given up on. Other shows seemed worthy of the respect of my trying a few more episodes to see it wasn't my thing, my interest in Trigun could barely be extended to half an episode.

Of course, as for whether YOU will like it, the only way to find out is to watch it for yourself. I don't pretend to have the same tastes as you, and neither do the rest of us here.

Ork_dreadnought said:
Yes, and its interesting that its a story largely absent from the manga.
Since when did anime follow the manga? :lol: (With very few exceptions of course!). Of course people have different views on character profiling and how good/bad it was, but personally I found there was plenty where it mattered (Millie & Merle, Wolfwood etc) and as the story progressed, there was plenty for Vash and Knives as well. I also don't think the first half intended to advance the plot, it's more there to introduce the personalities of the characters to the viewer, give an idea of what the world they inhabit is like and then slowly introduce the main elements of the story, which to me would be the origins of Vash and Knives. Different interpretations I guess ^__^
I think to truly enjoy Trigun you have to enjoy the slapstick element, along with the tragic elements and of course in my case, have the hots for Vash :wink:

I do enjoy Trigun, but the point I was trying to make is that the series latter half is based on sudden tragedy rather than advancing the plot or characters. Such as the numerious epsidoes before Vash got serious about finding Knives, or the fact that the insurance girls got very little in the way of character development.

Its a good anime series, but a flawed one.

Ork_dreadnought said:
Such as the numerious epsidoes before Vash got serious about finding Knives,
That's what makes it so enjoyable. If it just been a serious anime about Vash searching for Knives, I don't think I would have enjoyed it so much.
If it had been longer than 26 episodes (or is it 25?!!), there would have been far more scope for further character profiling, which is why on the whole my preferred length of anime is 50+ episodes. There's only so much that can be done in that time and as it's a story about Vash the Stampede and not Millie and Merle the insurance girls, only the basics of their personalities were shown, but to be honest, I can't see a need to give background histories for anyone other than Vash and Knives.

I've watched Trigun 4 times now and I can't say that for me it's flawed in the least. Or at least I can't think of anything I've found fault with. I'm not saying I would rate it 10/10, I'd probably find faults with the animation quality and I'm not keen on the music elements. I seem to remember one recap episode, but they are the only flaws as such. Plus you gotta love the dub and if anything I actually prefer Vash's dub voice to his Japanese one!!

Anyway, I can see we will both just have to agree to disagree on this one :lol:

kupoartist said:
Trigun is the only series I've ever watched only a single episode of and given up on. Other shows seemed worthy of the respect of my trying a few more episodes to see it wasn't my thing, my interest in Trigun could barely be extended to half an episode.

Of course, as for whether YOU will like it, the only way to find out is to watch it for yourself. I don't pretend to have the same tastes as you, and neither do the rest of us here.

The series changes quite a bit and is pretty much goes in a different direction to the opening episodes. It's one of those that's worth sticking with, but we all have differing tastes and levels of tolerance. Horses for courses, I guess.

I checked out some of the Trigun manga, nothing amazing but fairly entertaining. Haven't seen the anime though, would certianly like to some time.

Questionandanswers i'd call that spam, so keep it out of this topic!

Trigun in my Opinion flows just like real life would, jumping from Humour to Tragedy in a single bound, Which makes the Anime so damn appealing that you never know whats going to happen next!

Trigun = Brilliant

Vash is such a cool hero, he is skilled and brilliant but hides it under vale of stupidity so that people will ultimately underestismate him, which usually leaves them thinking there is no way he could be the Human Typhoon.

Also Nicholas D. Wolfwood ROCKS..... I wonder where I can get one of those giant crosses

Rukario said:
Though I'll be checking out the manga which I heard is way better.
It's really not. It drags on and on with pages and pages and page of hard to follow action. If you can get past that though then the manga is good.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Rukario said:
Though I'll be checking out the manga which I heard is way better.
It's really not. It drags on and on with pages and pages and page of hard to follow action. If you can get past that though then the manga is good.

Totally agree, the manga can get boring very quickly, I found myself skipping pages the first time I read it, the series is far better paced

only just bought me sen the first vol of trigun as it was on offer. 7.99. watched it and i went back to the shop n bought the rest. so i think you know my opinion.

GREAT

The last couple of volumes (feat Knives, Legato, etc) were excellent.
If only they could have gone into the meat of the plot sooner

Back