Trigun, Your views

I love it. It's one of them shows that I can watch over and over and not get bored. In fact i'm rewatching the series as i'm doing some work. On episode 18 right now. The series takes a turn from comedy to drama about halfway through just so you know.

Rent it, it's very enjoyable. :)

I thought it was absolutetly dire, I couldn't believe what I was watching was praised so highly, its a comedy show that trys to go serious halfway through and fails miserably at both in my opinion, I thought even the action was crap. But you might enjoy it so far be it from me to tell you not to :D.

Agh! You like Zettai shounen and dislike trigun! ;-; I can't make my mind up if I like you or not! (j/k)

Trigun... never got to see the whole thing but I enjoyed what I got to see. I also like the manga too. ^^ So yeah, I'd recommend everyone Trigun as an anime everyone needs to see once...

I thought Trigun was fantastic! :)

Vash is a great character to base the series around - but the other characters fit in very well too. I remember thinking it was rubish after the first episode, but Vash quickly won me over when I started to figure out what was going on. ;)

My only complaint is that after all the excellent build up, the ending happened too fast! If only they could have done it over 30 episodes, instead of 26... :)

I really enjoyed the ending. My only complaint about the series was the hella annoying recap episode. There's about 3 minutes of new footage while most of the episode is entire scenes played back. The new scenes do reveal something important though so it's not a total loss.

It's currently my No.1 anime series for a number of reasons. One of them was the emotive feelings you get for the characters, primarily Vash of course.

7zark7 - I read somewhere (a long time ago and I can't find the source) that apparently it was planned to be at least a 39 episode series but was pulled to 26, I'm not sure whether it was for budget or for manga reasons.

I've only seen the first volume, i thought it was ok but i dideint enjoy it much tbh. I cant say why exactly, it just dident draw me in lol.
But i wouled say rent it anyway as you may find you like it :3

I think boys enjoy Trigun more then girls because I have a few male friends who like it and it seems as though none of my female friends are really into it. I'm not saying that if your a girl your definitely not going to like this, but it seems as though boys are more into it more then girls.

Myself is not so much into this Anime either, but I would still recommend it because of the popularity of this Anime series.

I've found it to be a fun diversion. Not up there with my all-time favourites but the characters are good and the story, once it gets going is engaging.
Strawberry said:
I think boys enjoy Trigun more then girls because I have a few male friends who like it and it seems as though none of my female friends are really into it. I'm not saying that if your a girl your definitely not going to like this, but it seems as though boys are more into it more then girls.

Myself is not so much into this Anime either, but I would still recommend it because of the popularity of this Anime series.
Conversely, at least one girl I know of absolutely swears by it and bullies everyone into liking it ;). Like any series it has its share of people who like it or hate it but it does strike me a title that would broadly appeal to boys.

Animated FatCat said:
It's currently my No.1 anime series for a number of reasons. One of them was the emotive feelings you get for the characters, primarily Vash of course.

7zark7 - I read somewhere (a long time ago and I can't find the source) that apparently it was planned to be at least a 39 episode series but was pulled to 26, I'm not sure whether it was for budget or for manga reasons.

IIRC the series didn't really do so well in Japan, so it was cut short.

The manga's still ongoing though, and takes a fairly different path to the anime after the first few volumes. Worth picking up if you're into it.

i though this seire was ok but nothing great. there far better things com,eing out in the UK.

but if you plan to just rent it then i say sure its worth a rent.

subedii said:
Animated FatCat said:

The manga's still ongoing though, and takes a fairly different path to the anime after the first few volumes. Worth picking up if you're into it.

Yeah I've been meaning to do that for a while and will do so after I rewatch the series. I've heard it's actually better than the series.

subedii said:
Animated FatCat said:

Yeah I've been meaning to do that for a while and will do so after I rewatch the series. It's said to be actually better than the series.

Animated FatCat said:
Yeah I've been meaning to do that for a while and will do so after I rewatch the series. It's said to be actually better than the series.
They'll tell you that but I found it rather boring and at times very hard to follow the action chapters. There is a whole book that is just basically full of action shots which was kind of a trial to get through. Having said that the manga is still good, I largely prefer the anime though.

In my opinion.....TRIGUN ROCKS YOUR WORLD! ^^

Seriously thought i think it is one of the best animes to watch, i mean the storyline is fantastic and the emotions are dealt with in such a way as to imitate real life, it shows that you can be funny and serious at the same time, Definetly rent it!

I love Trigun! It's one of those anime where I can quite happily watch the dub and the sub, as both are exceptionally good. I rewatched it just a few weeks ago actually (dubbed) and to be honest if you are having difficulties following the plot, I would recommend the dub, it makes it easier to follow the animation without being distracted by subtitles.

Ork_dreadnought said:
Trigun is generally a fun series that unfortunately follows the evangelion route of Needless tragedy in the second half.
I think you'll find that's called storyline! Like a lot of anime that is more than 13 episodes long, the beginning is always lightweight to introduce the characters and setting and then the story itself can progress to where it needs to be. In the case of Trigun, the tradegy IS the story!

Back