Toykopop starts a manga mangazine

That does sound good, maybe in the future we could hope for something similar in the future, in the mean time though i'd be willing to give the imports a go if United Publications get them in

Sounds good but would it be continuing series or just samples so you can buy the graphic novels? To me it looks like a one off thing. o_O

Charter_Mage said:
That does sound good, maybe in the future we could hope for something similar in the future, in the mean time though i'd be willing to give the imports a go if United Publications get them in
That's not something you should hope for too much! I want Shoujo Beat and I'm hoping that Forbidden Planet might get it in, as when I emailed UP1, they said Viz hadn't offered them the title, and Tokyopop might not either :(

To me it looks like it's going to be a long term thing, pending success, of course, due to the way it's advertised.

I doubt it'll make its way to Forbidden Planet and other stores soon, however, because as Miaka-Chan points out, Shoujo Beat isn't on sale here either. If it is as sucessful as Tokyopop hopes, however, it may become a major player in the world of Western anime and manga mangazines.

Miaka-chan said:
That's not something you should hope for too much! I want Shoujo Beat and I'm hoping that Forbidden Planet might get it in, as when I emailed UP1, they said Viz hadn't offered them the title, and Tokyopop might not either :(
I emailed United Publications about wether they would be getting the english print of that celebratory Clamp magazine with the chess pieces in and they said something about it not even being printed in english yet, which i'm sure is not true. I've kind of lost interest in it now, but i couldn't find a single UK website that stocked it

Charter_Mage said:
I emailed United Publications about wether they would be getting the english print of that celebratory Clamp magazine with the chess pieces in and they said something about it not even being printed in english yet, which i'm sure is not true. I've kind of lost interest in it now, but i couldn't find a single UK website that stocked it
Otaku UK sell the Japanese version!

Back