Toradora

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Synopsis -

The story is about a highschool student Ryuji is a nice gentle guy, he cooks, cleans and takes care of the house while his mother works, its just to bad he got his dad's gangster looks which instantly earns him the reputation as a thug making everyone avoid him. This makes it hard to get a girlfriend espeically the girl of his dreams Minori, one day he unexpectedly knocks into "the school's most dangerous animal of the highest risk level"—Taiga (the tiny tiger) Aisaka—who just happens to also be in his class, and is a good friend of Minori. As Taiga is in love with one of Ryji's only friends they join forces to help each other out in the quest for love, only one problem, Ryuji is gentle and Taigi is... well..... EVIL and will exploit, beat and torment Ryuji in every way possible.

I love this series, the way the characters are portrayed as delinquents, well Taiga is one of the highest calibur but Ryuji's only crime is his looks (although he does collect a lot of wallets from people who think he is threatening them). The two characters compliment eact other well and you can see them falling for each other as, lets face it, its that kind of storyline, but the journey along the way that makes me smile and want to see more.

kinda reminds me of a more violent take on Lovely Complex which is one of my all time favourite animes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds quite intreauging McIcy. Reading that summary kinda tells me what the ending will probably turn out to be like. Doesn't bother me tho. What year is it from and whats the animation like? Out of intrest ^^

Animation is crisp and modern standard anime style, its from this year its one of the autumn releases

this pic shows the anime style and also shows why Ryuji is seen as a delinquent

9949.jpg

It doesn't do anything new for the genre, but so far it's been a great show that provides generous laughs and some decent drama. If it can keep that standard up for it's run then it should make enjoyable viewing. It's more interesting than the alternative anyway (Clannad).

RetroRainbow said:
If best equals most recently overdone, then oh yeah, totally.

Perhaps it is overdone, but I'd take a Tsundere over some submissive mindless moe-bait anyday of the week. At least Tsunderes can look after themselves. (<Tsundere fan)

That said all the best characters are the ones that aren't so easily classified. The fact that such terms occur in the first place is a result of cliches being recycled too often - so yeah it's been overcooked lately.

Wildcard said:
RetroRainbow said:
If best equals most recently overdone, then oh yeah, totally.

Perhaps it is overdone, but I'd take a Tsundere over some submissive mindless moe-bait anyday of the week. At least Tsunderes can look after themselves. (<Tsundere fan)

That said all the best characters are the ones that aren't so easily classified. The fact that such terms occur in the first place is a result of cliches being recycled too often - so yeah it's been overcooked lately.

Totally agree with this point

Wow been a while since i posted on here... Anywayz back on subject!

Im also watching this series and having to say, its good! Has some funny moments although you can see some of the plotline happening before it actually occurs. This series may even go into my top 10!

Back