3. Gears of War
4. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
5. Canis Canem Edit
6. Loco Roco
7. Metroid Prime Hunters
8. Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King
9. Medival 2: Total War
10. Guitar Hero 2

I have to sat I don't own one of those games.... But I wish I have games 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles to play them on. Anyone buy any of these?

Zelda number one? I didn't think it sold so much. Nice to see Dragon Quest in the top ten too, didn't think that was popular either.

Where are you quoting this from?

Although Shadow of the Colossus was a number one hit when it came out! That's quite an achievement for a game that looked like it was destined for cult-dom. I think it was down to Sony's advertising and people's current obsession with fantasy due to Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and all that.
(refuse to mention Eragon)

i own metroid prime hunters, and elder scrolls: oblivion, and soon to own zelda(tuesday i get the wii and the game). still want to own dead rising and wouldn't mind gears of war. i never thought that metroid sold so many actually :?

Lupus Inu said:
This threads lacks Shadow of the Colossus. Gears of War is so horribly over-rated. v_v

Don't forget Gears of War was included with the Xbox360 and I bet microsoft included those sales in its complete titles sold list

Oh and Shadow of Colossus came in at Number 13

I'm absolutely perplexed how Pro Evo 6 isn't on that list.

EVERYONE I know who owns a console has it.

Some really weird stuff on there.

I didn't think enough people owned a PSP to make one of its games a top seller.

WTF is this Medievil?

Zelda outsold everything else within three weeks?

Bully was bargain bin material after about two weeks.

No Brain Training, Nintendogs or New Super Mario Bros?

Random!

Yes, I don't think it's accurate. There isn't a FIFA game in sight, yet they seem to cling to the top spot for weeks.

Zelda definately wasn't the best selling game of the year due to the unavailibility of the Wii, the unpopularity of the GC, and the fact that it had only been out for three weeks before the end of the year.

Its a comparison of the "best" selling games of 2006, not the most selling games. Although I think I got that wrong as well, because gears of war sold 2 million copies in 6-8 weeks, I forget. Dead rising has been out for a while and has "just" sold 2 million copies. But then again, thats the "fastest" selling games of 2006.
From the list I own Zelda and Gears of War, gears of war anit over-rated, I thought the game would get horribly repetitive but its so much fun when your playing with friends. The other day they released downloadable content and I was thinking so soon? But really its been out for 2 months already.

Just found this information whilest looking on www.gamespot.com The article talks about the game industry and its sales during 2006 (there was a 7% increase from 2005) and then goes on to mention the top selling consoles and its games.

The top-selling game for 2006 was Electronic Arts' FIFA 07, followed by another football title, Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 6, and racer Need for Speed Carbon at number three.

The other titles in the top 10 were Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories at four, Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy at five, The Sims 2: Pets at six, Cars at seven, Tomb Raider: Legend at eight, The Sims 2 at nine, and WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 at number 10.

The top-selling game for 2006 was Electronic Arts' FIFA 07, followed by another football title, Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 6, and racer Need for Speed Carbon at number three.

The other titles in the top 10 were Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories at four, Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy at five, The Sims 2: Pets at six, Cars at seven, Tomb Raider: Legend at eight, The Sims 2 at nine, and WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2007 at number 10.

Yep, seems like a much more realistic, quality filled list >_<

Back