Tokyo International Anime Fair award winners

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
During this past weekend, the Tokyo International Anime Fair award winners were announced. These Japanese awards are handed out to anime movies, series and OVAs that are still fresh in Japan and many of which are yet to be released in the Western world. The big winners on the night were as follows:<ul class="menu"><li>Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala
Animation Of The Year
Best Music (Michiru Oshima)
Best Original Story (Hiromu Arakawa)

<li>Eureka Seven
Outstanding Television Series
Best Character Design (Kenichi Yoshida)
Best Screenplay (Dai Sato)

<li>Mushishi
Outstanding Television Series
Best Art Direction (Takeshi Waki)</ul>You can take a look at the full run down of award winners at Gunota Headlines.

I'm really chuffed that Mushishi got some recognition here; it's not the kind of series you expect many people to notice due to it's subtle style but the animation and sheer "magical" story telling means that it deserves every award it can get.

And as ever, it's cool that Studio BONES are as ever producing top quality anime. I can't wait to see the FMA movie and from what little I saw of it, Eureka Seven seemed full of potential too.

Very happy with these results.

Mushishi is an excellent show worthy of all the praise it gets.

I only recently got into Eureka Seven, but now I'm into it in a big way. Another quality production from Bones, and yet another mech anime added to my favourites list despite the fact that I really don't like mechs.

Yay Mushishi, seems like this show just came out of nowhere, looked & sounded bloody odd(!) and has found acclaim

So for those in the know, we ever likely to get the FMA movie here in the UK?

RichB06 said:
Yay Mushishi, seems like this show just came out of nowhere, looked & sounded bloody odd(!) and has found acclaim

So for those in the know, we ever likely to get the FMA movie here in the UK?

Given the popularity of the franchise and the fact that it's even on TV (albeit, on a niche channel), I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that. How soon though, is another matter altogether. :mrgreen:

Mushishi I haven't heard anything about, except that I've been hearing people say how good it is. So I guess I'll try it... whatever it is.

Back