Time of Eve Blu-ray on sale worldwide with English subs.

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
News from the Fandom Post

Here's the website

No idea what's on the disc other than the subbed episodes, but the price comes to £35.99 all in. A little steep, but for a show that's unlikely to see a wider distribution deal, it seems not too bad. Hopefully the disc will get a wodge load of good stuff to go with it.

Not the most exciting news ever (I already bought the disc from Japan a long time ago) but at least they made it easier to buy it direct. More of this kind of thing is always good.

Lawrence: It's excellent. I can't imagine anyone disliking it unless they had some kind of passionate hatred for anything that wasn't non-stop action.

R

Awesome... except I don't (yet) do Blu-Ray, only DVDs. :roll:

If there was a DVD release, I'd be all over it like a rash! It's an excellent, slightly off-the-wall slice of life set of OVAs/movie (5 eps of about 15 minutes each and the last being about 30 mins). Well scripted, nicely animated and quite thought-provoking. I certainly recommend it!

Rui said:
Not the most exciting news ever (I already bought the disc from Japan a long time ago) but at least they made it easier to buy it direct. More of this kind of thing is always good.
So this is the Japanese release? Anything special about the packaging?

I am tempted. I notice that VAT is automatically included; presumably this works in the same way as with Amazon in the US. No RM ransom = a good thing.

fabricatedlunatic said:
So this is the Japanese release? Anything special about the packaging?

It had some nice reversible covers (I'd be less vague except I have no idea where mine is - shelves need major sorting out, evidently). I can only imagine this is the same disc (and probably the same packaging) only sold globally for the first time.

R

Just to note their Facebook page sounds like they're going to sell out fast.
(this is the same version as you can get on Amazon Japan, region free and English subbed)

So, like, who are these people? They on the Japanese side? Perhaps I should have established this before ordering a copy. All I got is a Paypal invoice (payee is "Pied Piper Inc.") and... that's it. Don't know where the BD is coming from, when or by what service, or anything else.

Not worried at all, but it's a bit... vague.

That is the official website and the studio behind it is a small, indie one, so it wouldn't surprise me if you don't get any other email before getting the BD on the post.
I do worry about the lack of info about where it is going to be dispatched from, as it may be hit by RM handling fees + VAT (even though when you click through it charges taxes...)

I put an order in for this, the thought that I might have to deal with import taxes is unsettling as I've never done that before. Hopefully it is being sent from inside the EU.

elixEideJ said:
I put an order in for this, the thought that I might have to deal with import taxes is unsettling as I've never done that before. Hopefully it is being sent from inside the EU.
It's not particularly difficult, it's just expensive and rally annoying, as you have to go to Royal mail depot, to pay a ransom and get your goods....

chaos said:
It's not particularly difficult, it's just expensive and rally annoying, as you have to go to Royal mail depot, to pay a ransom and get your goods....
That does sound irritating, especially the handing over of money. It does specify on facebook that the BD's are sent out locally, so hopefully there will be no problems.

I ordered a copy too.

from their facebook:

UK and continental Europe shipping update (revised):

* We have been experiencing difficulties with our warehouse in Europe due to the holiday rush, and we have not been able to ship the orders placed so far.

We are working our hardest to resolve this issue, and are aiming to get orders out ASAP after the holidays.

Note: Shipping has not been charged on UK and Europe orders placed so far. We will keep the free shipping enforced for Europe and UK orders until this issue is resolved. So in effect, this is a pre-order special offer - order now, and get free shipping in continental Europe and the UK! We will post updates on FB.

(Sorry to the folks in the US - no free shipping!)

For specific queries on your order, please email us directly at [email protected].

We want you all to be able to enjoy your Time of EVE, and hope you accept our sincere apologies for this delay.

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season, the Time of EVE crew.

Yeah, saw that this morning. That's fine. As long as I know what's happening. And now I have an email address (there's a "contact us" link on their page but it just launched my email client, which I never set up)!

teonzo said:
Never heard of this anime... is it worth the money?

Teo

It's a really good, thought provoking sci-fi OVA series. One of the best sci-fi anime in recent years. I would have so pounced on its Blu-ray, except I'd already spent the money. I have to admit that the price gave me pause. £35-ish quid for less than 2-hours, but this is a case of quality over quantity. I'd watch the first couple of episodes on CR to see if it's your bag.

Greetings,

This is just a quick note to let you know that your order has been shipped from our warehouse.

Your order was shipped via Royal Mail First Class Large Letter, and is estimated to arrive January 7, 2013 - January 8, 2013.

The following items were included in this shipment:

1 x Time of EVE: Original Version Blu-ray (TIMEOFEVE)
yay

Back