Tiger & Bunny, Fullmetal Alchemist OVA's and Overfiend

chaos

The Boss
The 8th Manga podcast came out today with several news pieces.

Tiger & Bunny will be released in four volumes containing one DVD and one Blu-Ray and around six episodes, each volume will be accompanied by the Japanese extra 12-page <i>Monthly Hero</i> booklets. As extras, they will contain issues of a paper magazine <i>Hero</i>.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA scheduled as a blu-ray/DVD pack on October 15 has been delayed after some subtitles sync issues. According to Jerome Mazandarani, "We don't have a new street date yet, but it should be out before the end of November." A release date will be confirmed later.

Toshio Maeda (Legend of the Overfiend) has been confirmed as a guest at the London MCM Expo, selling his artbooks and posters - two exclusive designs, A2-sized lithographic prints, signed and numbered by Maeda.

Download the podcast from Manga website or get it from iTunes

Re: Tiger & Bunny, Fullmetal Alchemist OVA's and Overfiend

There was also some interesting numbers such as DVD/BD sales
90,000 copies of the DVD vs 2,000 copies of the BD doesn't sound good at all....

Origin's sales figures totally floored me. 70,000 copies?! I do always see it in the anime section of various HMVs though, and it's usually in the bestsellers list at Amazon. It's dirt cheap as well, which probably helped.
chaos said:
90,000 copies of the DVD vs 2,000 copies of the BD doesn't sound good at all....
To be fair, Innocence came out on DVD 3-and-a-half years before the BD did, so it's had a long period to get those 90,000 sales. Ghost in the Shell must be one of those evergreen titles that just keeps selling!

I think the combination of Manga UK, Fullmetal Alchemist and Blu-ray must be cursed or something!

I look forward to see how the tiger and bunny sets turn out. Also I thought that Jerome's random bleeped out insults were hilarious.

Ath said:
Origin's sales figures totally floored me. 70,000 copies?! I do always see it in the anime section of various HMVs though, and it's usually in the bestsellers list at Amazon. It's dirt cheap as well, which probably helped.
chaos said:
To be fair, Innocence came out on DVD 3-and-a-half years before the BD did, so it's had a long period to get those 90,000 sales. Ghost in the Shell must be one of those evergreen titles that just keeps selling!

I think the combination of Manga UK, Fullmetal Alchemist and Blu-ray must be cursed or something!
At this point Manga - Kaze + Anything = 99.999999% chance of unmitigated disaster.

At this point I've given up on ever seeing you say anything positive about anything.

Too many anime releases at the end of this year...

Shiroi Hane said:
At this point I've given up on ever seeing you say anything positive about anything.
If he won the lottery he'd probably moan about how much he'd have to give away in taxes...

Back