The World God Only Knows Season 3 DVD

Gavrev

Dandy Guy, in Space
Any signs of this series coming out on DVD/Bluray? I'm continuing to poke about but if anyone's thought to look somewhere I haven't and seen something promising, word would be much appreciated! :)

The last volume was only released in Japan two weeks ago so you're not going to see it any time soon - especially over here.
It'll be Late 2014 at the earliest for the US release.

Joshawott said:
Wow, it was released in Japan that late?!
You have to remember that shows in Japan are usually released in 6 - 9 volumes - some as many as 11 - and that's at a rate of 1 a month.
The release cycle doesn't usually start until a month or two after the air date of the first episode either.

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
You have to remember that shows in Japan are usually released in 6 - 9 volumes - some as many as 11 - and that's at a rate of 1 a month.
The release cycle doesn't usually start until a month or two after the air date of the first episode either.

Well they'd have to let at least 2 eps air before they could start releasing them :) (assuming they are releasing 2 eps a DvD ofc)

Do they still delay the BD version by a few months after the DvD aswell or does it vary per series?

Rosencrantz said:
Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:

Well they'd have to let at least 2 eps air before they could start releasing them :) (assuming they are releasing 2 eps a DvD ofc)

Do they still delay the BD version by a few months after the DvD aswell or does it vary per series?

DVD and Blu-Ray come out at the same time.

The first set of volume 1s for the current season come out next Wednesday. Most of them start releasing at some point before the end of April (ones that come more than about 4 months after the anime starts airing are almost invariably shorts, as is Tonari no Seki-kun which doesn't come out until 28th May).

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
I think it's more of a shock that season 3 aired so long ago. I remember it like it was yesterday xD.

Wow.. Thanks for the heads up on that peeps! It's a series I've seen on the shelves for a while, but I completely misinterpreted what it was until I happened to find the series on Crunchyroll. Something clicked with it and I ran out to buy it based on the first episode and five mins of the second.. I love it hehe.. Shame it's going to take so long though. I suppose it's a similar situation to the Thor DVDs.. I didn't get on board with those films until late on, so the gap between blind buying the first film and the release of the second was only about three months. I was hoping for a similar situation here but I didn't realise the third series had aired so recently!

Has the US picked it up for distribution? It'd be a shame not to have the entire series, especially considering how good the third season is (will forever be pining for a season 4)

Gavrev - When you can get round to it and if you haven't already, watch the "Tenri-Hen" OVA, its vital viewing to ease you into season 3, plus it features best girl sooo.. ;)

Dannielle said:
Has the US picked it up for distribution? It'd be a shame not to have the entire series, especially considering how good the third season is (will forever be pining for a season 4)

Gavrev - When you can get round to it and if you haven't already, watch the "Tenri-Hen" OVA, its vital viewing to ease you into season 3, plus it features best girl sooo.. ;)

Thanks Danielle - I'll get to it. I've really enjoyed the series so far! :wink: :thumb:

Dannielle said:

It's entry on My Anime List seems to suggest no-one has it at present. Which is odd because you'd expect with the way Sentai works they'd have it locked down before the first episode was aired.

I presume there's some kind of delay required on the OAV since it was a special release, so that's holding things up (since as someone who didn't watch it I can attest to the third season being kind of bewildering).

R

Rui said:
I presume there's some kind of delay required on the OAV since it was a special release, so that's holding things up (since as someone who didn't watch it I can attest to the third season being kind of bewildering).

R
Sentai never bothered to get the To Love Ru OVAs though, which were just as crucial between seasons as The World God Only Knows'. Maybe that was because the TLR OVAs were bundled with manga volumes in Japan so might have been tied to Shueisha (and thus, Viz Media)?

Bundled OAVs seem really hit and miss in terms of availability, so it's probably something like that I guess. Either way it's annoying when we miss out on part of the story!

Perhaps the streaming figures for season three weren't so good because of the missing OAV, whereas - please excuse me for generalising here - I think that the core audience for TLR might still have been able to appreciate its unique charms even with a chunk of the plot in limbo? :)

R

It does sound like there's a chunk of plot between series 2 and 3, which is generally held as almost mandatory for an understanding of the 3rd series.. Do we assume it's a right issue surrounding this material which may be holding up any announcement of a release date? That may be a good thing in the long run if they're trying to secure a complete set - a pain in the backside I agree, but better than a half done affair I'd say. It's just a shame, as with so many media matters, that it's the fan who always gets the raw deal with these kinda of arguments and hold ups. I wish the studios would be more careful when they create material, and be more up front and less unwary when it comes to disclosures and future rights. Great stuff has been screwed up on more than one occasion in the past because of it.

Gavrev said:
It does sound like there's a chunk of plot between series 2 and 3, which is generally held as almost mandatory for an understanding of the 3rd series.. Do we assume it's a right issue surrounding this material which may be holding up any announcement of a release date? That may be a good thing in the long run if they're trying to secure a complete set - a pain in the backside I agree, but better than a half done affair I'd say. It's just a shame, as with so many media matters, that it's the fan who always gets the raw deal with these kinda of arguments and hold ups. I wish the studios would be more careful when they create material, and be more up front and less unwary when it comes to disclosures and future rights. Great stuff has been screwed up on more than one occasion in the past because of it.

Hard to tell what is going on to be honest, unless someone fancies asking Sentai directly, but I'm unsure how talkative they are.

In all honesty I don't have massive confidence in them that they'd be actively trying to obtain the bridging OAVs so they could also do season 3, because I feel they'd of already licenced season 3 regardless.

This is something that needs to hurry up and be released just like Freezing :( want them now!

I wonder how long it's going to take for the remaining volumes of Hellsing Ultimate to get dubbed. There's like 4 or 5 more still to go isnt there =/

-Danielle- said:
This is something that needs to hurry up and be released just like Freezing :( want them now!

I assume you are talking about the first series of Freezing. If so it is released. DVD only here, but DVD and Blu-ray in the US. The Blu-ray is A/B.

-Danielle- said:
I wonder how long it's going to take for the remaining volumes of Hellsing Ultimate to get dubbed. There's like 4 or 5 more still to go isnt there =/

Two more to go.

Emulsion said:
-Danielle- said:

I assume you are talking about the first series of Freezing. If so it is released. DVD only here, but DVD and Blu-ray in the US. The Blu-ray is A/B.

-Danielle- said:

Two more to go.

It's the second series of Freezing I'm after. It has little to no info on it. Seriously waitig for Japan to be finished with it and TWGOK so that it can get dubbed and come here to me hehe.

Oooooh I didnt know they've made headway on Hellsing Ultimate! I want to see "She"! Need that dub to be released to me toooooo.

The burdens of having an english dub preference eh, all that damn waiting :p

Back